We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury junk Halong

St. Louis
Level Contributor
92 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury junk Halong

We would like to do one night on a luxury junk. Anything special we should check?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury junk Halong

Hello, just got back from a night in halong Bay on a junk at the "medium" level, ie $58 USD. We decided on this because after much looking around and investigating of the more luxury ones ($100USD) we decided for our family (2 adults and 3 kids) we would prefer to save the extra money for other things. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour, but a warning, there are 100s of boats out there! Don't expect an exclusive cruise! From my vantage point at the wharf, the more luxurious ones looked very nice inside, probably the difference was the fancier tablecloths! Our cabin was very nice but I didn't see the others of course, we were also very happy with our meals. If you have the money to spend I'd say go for it!

los angeles
Level Contributor
644 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury junk Halong

I have been researching the same and the Ginger, the Bhaya and the Emeraude seem to be the ones that come up consistently. You can search by those names and see what others have said. Also, have heard that the Ginger has a new sister boat, the Jasmine.

We are going in June and will post our experience after we return. Hope you will do the same!

St. Louis
Level Contributor
92 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury junk Halong

Thanks. I'll check on those.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury junk Halong

We did the Ginger cruise last October and found that the cabin exceeded our expectations but the food was not up to the same standard, quite expensive cruise but apart from the food it was very enjoyable.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury junk Halong

Prince Junk cruise, Valentine cruise and Indochina Sails are the best junks in Ha Long at the moment.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury junk Halong

What about the Santa Maria Cruise, I have heard positive reviews of this one?

Hanoi
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury junk Halong

Ginger is also very nice. And it has been in operation for a long time. Princess, Valentine or Indochina Sail are new junks.

8. Re: Luxury junk Halong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 19:16