We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ha Long Bay tours

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ha Long Bay tours

I am planning a trip to Vietnam in May and plan on going on a junk cruise in Ha Long Bay. Is it advisable to make reservations in advance or ok to make reservations when we arrive (arrive on a Monday and will want to do an overnight either on Tue/Wed or Thur? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hanoi
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ha Long Bay tours

You should book the tour in advance in case the junks in Ha Long might be fully booked at your time. What junk you prefer to travel with in Ha Long?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ha Long Bay tours

Dear

on that period is not peak season, maybe not too fully but better to book in advance throughout agent. they can recommend good one for yr budget. As i know, superior one like Bien Ngoc, Hailong. more deluxe like Ginger or Bayah... good luck

Melbourne
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Ha Long Bay tours

Hi there.

I will also be there sometime between Mon - Wed.

I arrive in Hanoi on Sunday so i'll book then.

Might see you there!

Flo (Melbourne)

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ha Long Bay tours

I was looking at the Santa Maria junk... it looked like a good bargin and it did get some good reviews on here (I planned most of my trip w/ this website!)

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Ha Long Bay tours

http://www.vietnamvacations.com.au/

Check this out leogirl, I've done a few trips with them and have no complaints, the first trip I simply went to the Kangaroo cafe, ( Which is on the website ) and was on my way to Halong the next morning, no fuss at all!

They run trips every day I believe and were really very helpfull as it was my first time in VN and I was a bit baffled by currency, traffic and the likes,

Have a great trip and good luck!

Philbyd1

Perth
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ha Long Bay tours

Hi I have been trying to contact the Kangaroo Cafe & Hanoi Backpackers Hostel to find out about tours and prices... no luck.

Anyone know how much per person for both of the companies for 3 day 2 night halong cat ba tour?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ha Long Bay tours

kangaroo@fpt.vn

They reply my emails fairly quickly.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ha Long Bay tours

I booked on the Santa Maria, will let you know how it was when we return!

Seattle
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ha Long Bay tours

does anyone have pics of any of the junks and rooms? I'm told that Valentine is one of the best, but just want to see the inside and outside to get level of comfort. Leogirl, how much is a cabin a night? thx.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ha Long Bay tours

To find photos, do searches in flickr.com and webshots.com, you can find all sorts of things in there. CHeers