We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi Elegance 2 Hotel and Ha Long Boat Trip

Launceston...
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hanoi Elegance 2 Hotel and Ha Long Boat Trip

Hi guys,

Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? Is is noisy? How was the buffet breakfast and the big question - would you stay here again.

We have also booked a 2 day/ i night Halong Bay trip (through the hotel) and are being asked to deposit an amount in a bank account to secure the booking (made out in someones name) or to send the deposit via Western Union. Hmm!! Alarm bells are ringing. Has anyone else had an experience of this practice.

Minack7

Melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanoi Elegance 2 Hotel and Ha Long Boat Trip

Hi Minack

I just returned from Vietnam and my boyfriend and I stayed at the Hanoi Elegance 3 hotel as the Elegance 2 was booked out. It is the newest of the hotel chain located in a reasonably good spot within old quarter.

I booked directly with them via email, and I would definitely stay there again. Breakfast was lacking as it was not buffet and it sometime took a long time to come out but it wasn't too bad.

The also booked a night for us on Santa Maria junk boat and did not request a deposit. We just paid for everything when we checked out.

Hope this helps!

Launceston...
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanoi Elegance 2 Hotel and Ha Long Boat Trip

Hi peach024,

Many thanks for that. I will stand my ground and only pay when I get to Vietnam.

Minack7

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanoi Elegance 2 Hotel and Ha Long Boat Trip

We used the Elegsnce 1 and booked great trips on arrival. We paid for them together with the hotel bill at the end of our stay.

Elegance 2 is round the corner from Elegance 1. Like all hotels in the old quarter it will be noisy until quite late. I am returning to Hanoi in April and will be staying outside the old quarter as I found the noise levels too much.

London
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanoi Elegance 2 Hotel and Ha Long Boat Trip

Hi Minack7

We stayed at HE2 for three nights a couple of weeks ago. We had a deluxe room at the back for two nights when we first got there, than a standard room near the front on our return from Halong Bay and neither room was noisy. The breakfast wasn't a buffet but you chose from a menu with the usual breakfast things such as omelette, scrambled eggs, pancakes, french toast etc.

We loved the hotel and would definitely stay there again. The rooms were spotless, staff really friendly and helpful and location was great. We deposited an amount into their bank account a couple of months ago as they had booked flights and tours for us, and didn't have any problems when we ended up settling the bill.

Hope this helps!

singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanoi Elegance 2 Hotel and Ha Long Boat Trip

Hi Guys

would like to know whether there is a lift or you have to climb the stairs to get to your room?

thanks

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
597 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanoi Elegance 2 Hotel and Ha Long Boat Trip

We stayed at the Elegance 2 last summer and enjoyed it. The staff was very helpful. The Elegance 2 has a lift but 1 doesn't. The breakfast wasn't a buffet-you ordered off a very limited menu. Rooms facing the back of the hotel are much quieter than the front rooms.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
19 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanoi Elegance 2 Hotel and Ha Long Boat Trip

I'm currently typing this from HE2. I made my reservation last year via email and did not have to supply a deposit. I was concerned about not leaving a deposit for fear that when I arrived, they may not have my reservation or a car to pick me up from the airport. However, that concern was not necessary. I confirmed a couple of days before I arrived, then crossed my fingers en route to Hanoi. I was pleasantly surprised upon my EARLY arrival to find a driver waiting with my name on a sign. It did cost $4 more for the ride as the price of gas had gone up since I booked last year, but that's fair enough and it's only $4.

I have the Jr. Suite with two beds, a full and a twin. The room faces the back and while it is not noisy per se, I can hear the horns, which begin at 6am and are still going strong at 22:55.

To answer your questions. There is no buffet, but there is breakfast. It's pretty tasty - omlet, scrambled eggs, pancakes. Nothing to write home about though.

Would I stay here again? I would not not stay here again. I picked HE2 this time because I heard it was great. I wanted something that would be comfortable, clean and not low budget. Not that there is anything wrong with low budget, but my backpacking days are over. I hear there are many great boutique hotels in Hanoi. I would probably want to try one of them out next, but if disappointed would definately come back here.

On the Halong Bay trip, I would just wait until you get here to book your trip. There are tons of agencies within a stones throw that will do that for you.

8. Re: Hanoi Elegance 2 Hotel and Ha Long Boat Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 11:21
Get answers to your questions about Hanoi