We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi Hotel for family of 4. Which one is the best overall ?

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
198 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Hanoi Hotel for family of 4. Which one is the best overall ?

Hi If anyone can help Im looking at hotel accommodation for April 2009.

I was looking at Hanoi elegance 3 but works out at $150 .This would be ok if it had a pool for the kids but doesnt.

If anyone has a rec for a good hotel overall - location, may have to have 2 rooms etc I would really appreciate it ?.Is 2 days enough time to have a look around and then a day to Halong bay or 1 night in Hanoi and trek with kids in Sapa ?

Thanks in advance

Nat

1. Re: Hanoi Hotel for family of 4. Which one is the best overall ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2008, 14:48
2. Re: Hanoi Hotel for family of 4. Which one is the best overall ?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2008, 07:34
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanoi Hotel for family of 4. Which one is the best overall ?

Hi,

We stayed in Hanoi for 3 nights in April 08. We are a family of 4. We stayed in a 2 room suite at the Thang Long Opera Hotel (1C Pho Tong Dan). The room was on the 1st floor and it was about US$130 a night.

One room is a bedroom and the other room is a lounge which converts into beds.

Originally we were going to stay at the Hong Ngoc 1 but didnt like it - it is in the middle of the old town and we didnt like the look or feel of it.

We found it hard to find any 3-star hotels in Vietnam with a swimming pool and in the end gave up trying to find one in Hanoi. But if you are only there for 2 days, I wouldnt worry about it.

What we liked about the Thang Long Opera - newly refurbished, very quiet, quite upmarket for a 3-star hotel. It was about 2 blocks from the lake. Having the the suite with 2 TVs was fantastic!

What we didnt like about it - it is not in the old town, so if you want to step out your door and be emersed in the noise and chaos and excitment of the old qaurter then the Thang Long won't suit you.

Everything was only a short walk or taxi ride away and the taxi's are so cheap (usually!!!!).

I think 2 days in Hanoi would be fine.

Sapa is fantastic and such an adventure - we loved it. Don't miss it!!!!!!!!! Even the train ride there is an adventure in itself!

We did an overnight trip to Halong Bay. It is a long drive there (a few hours) so it will be a long day if you do it in 1 day. But I think I would do it as a day-trip if that is all the time you can spare, rather than missing out on it completely.

Have a wonderful time. Vietnam is incredible!

4. Re: Hanoi Hotel for family of 4. Which one is the best overall ?

Removed on: 30 May 2008, 23:36
Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
198 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanoi Hotel for family of 4. Which one is the best overall ?

Thanks so much for that !

I will look at that hotel now !

Its so confusing 1 Too many things to think of when you are travelling with children.

Thanks again

Ill try and fit Sapa in maybe intead of spending 3 days in Hanoi.

Im very excited but way too many sleeps to start counting.

Nat

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanoi Hotel for family of 4. Which one is the best overall ?

Hi, A hotel in Hanoi that I would definitely NOT recommend is the Sunny Hotel - which some travel agents recommend. We were very very disappointed in it - and as other people say "3 star" in Hanoi is difficult. this was 3 star and I wouldn't have given it a 1 star - except for the breakfast and the staff. So many things in the rooms were broken and the lifts didn't work a lot of the time - they got stuck. Just stay right away from it.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanoi Hotel for family of 4. Which one is the best overall ?

Definitely would recommend if you have time to do 1 overnight in a Junk at Halong Bay - very nice.

8. Re: Hanoi Hotel for family of 4. Which one is the best overall ?

Removed on: 15 August 2008, 04:15
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hanoi Hotel for family of 4. Which one is the best overall ?

We are currently staying at Hanoi Elegance 2. Have used this hotel twice now on this trip. Room 205 will house 4 guests. One queen, one single and one rollaway. Staff are fantastic and nothing too much trouble. Room is only one that can do this. Most welcoming and great breakie.....

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
198 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hanoi Hotel for family of 4. Which one is the best overall ?

Hi thanks so much.

I will try and get a price.Is there much difference in the position of hotel compared to hanoi elegance 3.

Thanks again .