We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Western ectronic device adapters in Vietnam??

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
548 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Western ectronic device adapters in Vietnam??

So basically every electronic gadget I have now is a rechargable device (including my camera and I-Pod). Do I need some type of adapter to be able to recharge my devices in Vietnam? Any ideas where I can get one of these? Thanks!

Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Western ectronic device adapters in Vietnam??

You will find adaptors are available everywhere.

All departments stores that sell electronics have them and I bought what I needed from a small electronic gadgets store at Ben Thanh market.

Enjoy your trip!

Seattle
Level Contributor
548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Western ectronic device adapters in Vietnam??

Thanks for the tip. I posted a similar message in the Thailand forum here on Trip Advisor and was told that Thailand uses the same "plugs" as we do here in the U.S.

So I'm assuming that Vietnam is different then Thailand? Do you know what the name of the adapter is so I can possibly look for it here at home before I go travel? Thanks again!

Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Western ectronic device adapters in Vietnam??

Not sure if it has a name other than US to Asia adaptor, but for Vietnam you want a two round-pin plug, if that helps?

Don't stress over getting one in the USA, as you will have no problem finding the right adaptor in Vn for around a dollar or two.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,763 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Western ectronic device adapters in Vietnam??

most hotels will lend you one anyway- i didn't take one and even the 2 star hotels seem to have them at the front desk.

5. Re: Western ectronic device adapters in Vietnam??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 06:17