We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Credit card information requested by Church Hotel

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Credit card information requested by Church Hotel

I've book Church Hotel and now asked to provide the credit card information. While understanding the hotel's perspective, I have a concerns of giving it particularly several Tripadvisor reviews talked about problems with Church Hotel (hotel demanded to pay money for the dates when guests were actually not able to stay due to overbooking, etc.) I wish to check if others who stayed in this hotel were ever asked for the credit card information upon making a reservation, and if it's safe to do so... Grateful to have your advice!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,538 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Credit card information requested by Church Hotel

My rule is never send cr card info (assume you mean faxing images) at all! There are too many good hotels that do not require this - my choice is the Gia Thinh, and they don't require that as many others don't. I have learned that all reservations must be reconfirmed at least twice to guard against a reservation not being held.

DON'T DO IT!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
92 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Credit card information requested by Church Hotel

Many hotel can confirm your reservation without deposit or any information of credit card.

I don't like to share any credit card informations with other.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Credit card information requested by Church Hotel

The hotel that I am staying in in Hanoi also asked for a copy of a credit card - or a bank transfer. I'm always a bit nervous about providing credit card details - and a Bank transfer was going to cost £12 GBP. I therefore offered to pay a deposit by paypal, which is a free to the user, they declined this as I think they may get charged a small fee to receive the money, but they did agree to waive the deposit. I've booked a few hotels in both Vietnam and Cambodia have not been asked for a deposit in any other of the hotels/hostels.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,538 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Credit card information requested by Church Hotel

Just thought I'd add (for twinkle) that you can transfer $ for far less now - the Xoom.com service does it for pennies. They charged me USD.99 - I thought that was an excellent deal!

Ha Noi
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Credit card information requested by Church Hotel

You do not need to do that

In Ha Noi there are many hotels you can choose without condition

You will get risk sometime with credit card

Do not worry !

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Credit card information requested by Church Hotel

As daawgon recommends, I looked into Xoom as a means to pay a deposit but from what I understood (which may be wrong - I didn't labour over it) you can only use it if you have a US$ bank account. As you are from the US, it may be an alternative for you if you really want to stay at the Church Hotel.

Leicester
Level Contributor
447 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Credit card information requested by Church Hotel

I booked Church hotel and when they asked me for credit card info I just said that I didnt use one. They honoured my booking anyway and I had a good stay there. If they had said though that they couldnt honour the booking without c/card details I would have looked for an alternative.

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Credit card information requested by Church Hotel

Hi,. I have stayed at the Church Hotel a couple of times, and on both occasions they have overbooked, even with credit card details. It has workded out OK in the end, but I wouldn't give them cc details - just say you don't pay via credit card, but cash when you arrive. Get them to confirm an email that you send to them with the dates you want to book.

9. Re: Credit card information requested by Church Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 21:19