We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam 6-7 day trip

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
275 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam 6-7 day trip

Hi,

I'm flying into Hanoi for a 6 or 7 night trip.

We are flying in from Singapore so we will not have to deal with jetlag or anything...

I was thinking I'd try to get a morning flight, get to Hanoi and have at least a half day, spend the entire next day and night there....

After that I'd have 4 or 5 more nights....

I've heard Mai Chau and Halong Bay are the good places to travel to that are close by.

How would I go about incorporating those 2 places into the trip?

Thank you!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
832 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam 6-7 day trip

lovintheworld17,

Those are different roads to go to Halong bay and Maichau from Hanoi. So you will go for different trips. You can go on package trip to Halong bay for saving money. I like spend a night at Ban Lac(Maichau). it costs around $8usd/night, it is very interesting to see the traditional music show of Muong ethnic minority in their village. We usually go there with a small group, it is more fun. A private car with english speaking driver to get to Mai Chau is a good idea. It costs around $80usd to rent a car for 2days.

Hope this help.

David

2. Re: Vietnam 6-7 day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2010, 05:16