We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tonkin Travel Hanoi

Tonkin Travel Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 02:35
Edited: 22 July 2013, 02:35
Mandurah, WA
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Tonkin Travel Hanoi

We were absolutely delighted with the service Tonkin Travel provided, from the friendly guides to the expert drivers. The hotels they chose for us were of a high standard and the staff friendly and helpful. Our 14 day itinerary, Passion of Vietnam, was full of interesting tours and events but we finished our tour totally relaxed as everything was organized for us, there was no stress trying to sort things out for ourselves. Our guides and/or drivers were always on time, waiting for us with a smile on their face, even at 4.30am when we arrived back from Lao Cai.

We did not experience one hiccup on the entire trip. We definitely would highly recommend Tonkin Travel to all our friends who are looking to visit Vietnam.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tonkin Travel Hanoi

We have just completed a two week fabulous trip in the northern part of Vietnam working with Huong at Tonkin Travel. Everything went very smoothly from the planning through the whole trip. We couldn't be happier with the service. We knew what we wanted to do but Huong had some excellent suggestions which we followed. Our drivers were very careful and conscientious, the guides friendly and knowledgable, the transfers right on time. When our evening flight from Hanoi to Hue was cancelled because of the weather, the tourist office at the airport contacted Huong on her cell phone and she was able to change our hotel and pickup arrangements on the Hue end. Our arrangements with Tonkin made a big difference in our enjoyment of the trip. Thank you Huong and Tonkin!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tonkin Travel Hanoi

That's great to hear! I have organised a custom itinerary with Tonkin also, starting in about 2 weeks. They have been really efficient to deal with, so i am hoping everything goes smoothly for us too!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tonkin Travel Hanoi

Hi we used Huong from Tonkin to book accommodation and air tickets etc and she was great. Great service and not a hassle to be found. Also she put up with my many questions.

Cheers

Viv

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tonkin Travel Hanoi

Thanks for the posting. Huong has organised our 2 weeks in North Vietnam which starts very soon!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tonkin Travel Hanoi

We have used Tonkin travel to organise some accommodation and visa's, we have been dealing with Hang and she has been nothing but efficient, helpful and generous with her advice.

cairns
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tonkin Travel Hanoi

I was nervous about travelling around an unknown country, but arranged a private tour with our own tour guides and drivers, through Ms Hang at Tonkin Travel. I had a some ideas of what we wanted to do, she had suggestions that I would not have known about, and the result was an economical, magic trip. The guides and driver were excellent, we were met at the airports every time, and little variances from the itinerary were made according to the weather or some excellent recommendations by the guides themselves. Good modern airconditioned cars, lots of info and chat about the culture, religion, shopping, history whatever from the guides. I would thoroughly recommend this way of travelling in Vietnam for 'mature' travellors.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tonkin Travel Hanoi

We used tonkin travel for our trip also. Very helpful and the tours booked to tunnels and mekong were excellent. Would recommend.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tonkin Travel Hanoi

We have used Tonkin Travel 4 years in a row for our trips to Vietnam and always found them to be professional. Our dealings have been with Ms Huong who speaks very good english and happily answers all of my stupid questions .

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tonkin Travel Hanoi

Tonkin Travel was recommended to my husband and I , who with another couple, wanted to spend about 17 days in Vietnam. Huong arranged our itinerary and we could have altered anything we chose to but decided to follow her advice and ideas. We are in our 60's and although we did a lot of research into the country, nothing really prepares you for that first drive from the airport to the old quarter in Hanoi! Huong chose wonderful hotels for us and they were mostly 3 Star but just great. The drivers, guides, pick ups, drop offs etc all were hassle free and it made our trip relaxed and interesting. People have asked us about the highlights of our trip (in March this year) and it is a difficult thing to answer as each stop had many highlights. We would recommend Tonkin Travel to anyone thinking of travelling to Vietnam. All of the guides spoke excellent English and were very knowledgeable about their particular 'city'. Travelling in a group of 4 meant that we were driven in a people- mover type van but each one was very clean and quite new. Being up a little bit higher meant that we had a good view too! Thanks Huong and Tonkin Travel!