We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halong Bay 3days/2nights

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
463 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Halong Bay 3days/2nights

I have been researching a number of companies offering cruises on Halong Bay and have thinned it down to 4 -5 tours. What I want to know now is what travel companies are recommended in Ha Noi so that I can email and get quotes from each for these trips. Obviously looking for reputable and competitive company. Thanks.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halong Bay 3days/2nights

I used the Huong Hai company 2 years back ad was very happy with them for a mid budget cruise.

http://www.halongdiscovery.com/

There is also an upper budget company here

www.indochinasails.com

Owee

www.owee58.com

2. Re: Halong Bay 3days/2nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 November 2010, 09:35
Surrey
Level Contributor
34 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halong Bay 3days/2nights

My wife and I were very happy with Huong Hai Junk Company 4 weeks ago. Wine on board was far too expensive (Da Lat at $17, $3.50 in the supermarkets) as was the crew gift shop. Caves and other stuff superb.

Mentioned in this post
Da Lat
Da Lat
Lam Dong Province, Vietnam
Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,890 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halong Bay 3days/2nights

I get the immpression from reading posts on this board that if you know which Junks you are interested in then you should do an internet search and book directly through them. I am busy researching a 3day/2night tour myself and would be interested to know which Junks you have it narrowed down to?

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
463 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halong Bay 3days/2nights

Hi JodoKast1221,

Booking direct will not always guarantee you the best deal as travel agents can sell these tours at a discounted rate to the supplier. (depends how much commission they are prepared to sacrifice). I am looking at IndoChina Sails, Paradise Cruise, Calypso Cruise, Hunong Hai Junk and Dragon Pearl. Any info appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Dragon Pearl Hotel Hanoi
Dragon Pearl Hotel Hanoi
256 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halong Bay 3days/2nights

My daughter and I have recently returned from Vietnam, we did a 3D2N cruise with the Indochina company on one of their small junks with only 4 cabins, can't rave enough about it as you will see I'm not the only customer if you look at the reviews for the Prince jnuk cruise, one of the things we loved was that the Indochina company cruise in an area that none of the other companies seem to, so you don't see a lot of other junks. We booked through Vietnam Travel Advisor (not connect to this website) through the recommendation of other TA posters and were very happy with the price quoted and their service.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi Advisor Hotel
Hanoi Advisor Hotel
295 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
7. Re: Halong Bay 3days/2nights

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 November 2010, 11:35
8. Re: Halong Bay 3days/2nights

Removed on: 21 November 2010, 11:35
Ontario
Level Contributor
449 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Halong Bay 3days/2nights

MarleneRay, the Indochina website quotes $260 per person for two passengers, the four cabins shared with other passengers, and including private transportation. Not sure how to interpret this. You have a private car and driver for 2 people, and your own shared cabin, but there are other passengers in the other three cabins? But if you take the shuttle bus, the cost is $220 per person?

cruisesofindochina.com/vietnam/halong_bay/ha…

Columbus, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Halong Bay 3days/2nights

Hello,

Red dragon,Indochina Sails,Paradise Cruise or Halong Emotion Cruise is the best choice to take cruise in halong bay