We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips (or an overnight trip) from Hanoi

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day trips (or an overnight trip) from Hanoi

Going to Hanoi on business next week. I've been to Vietnam before and spent several days in Hanoi (and loved it), did an overnight on Halong Bay, and went to Sapa for a couple days. This time I'd like to get out of Hanoi a bit, but prefer to keep my hotel, so a day trip or two would be interesting.

Any suggestions for a day trip from Hanoi?

Hanoi, Vietnam
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips (or an overnight trip) from Hanoi

Hi there,

For one day trip, you can spend time in Bat Trang pottery village. It's about 10km from the southeast of inner Hanoi. Duong Lam ancient village is also a good option. it's about 45km from the Northwest of inner Hanoi.

If you want to get out of far from Hanoi, you can visit Hoa Lu ancient capital or Tam Coc (three caves. It's called "Inland Halong Bay") in Ninh Binh. It's about 100km from Hanoi.

Have a nice trip!

Linh

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
668 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips (or an overnight trip) from Hanoi

If local life and nature is of your interest, have a visit to Ninh Binh (Tam Coc, Trang An, Kenh Ga or Cuc Phuong).

But if you are interested in handicrafts, Quan Ho singing, please travel to Bat Trang ceramic villages, Dong Ky wooden village, Dong Ho traditional paper and enjoy Quan Ho show at Tam Tao village. All of these can fit a day.

Interesting Pagodas, temples and sampan boat cruise are found in a day trip to Perfume Pagoda.

Enjoy your time,

Cheers!

Vietnam Exotic Tours.

Monchengladbach...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips (or an overnight trip) from Hanoi

Hello badger,

i think you should go to Hoa Lu-Tam Coc for 1 day tour then next day you check out and go to Ba Be-Cao Bang-Ban Gioc for some days.

4. Re: Day trips (or an overnight trip) from Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2011, 06:16