We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it cheaper to book flights within Asia?

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Is it cheaper to book flights within Asia?

My partner and I are wanting to travel to s.e asia between mid july to early october. We're just wondering from anyone's experience/recommendations if we should book our flights through s.e asia when we get to major cities (such as Bangkok) or is it better to book while we are home - we currently live in Melbourne, Australia. I have checked expedia, but any other suggestions would be good!

Our first stop will be Bali for two weeks, then plan to go to PHUKET - BANGKOK - CHIANG MAI - VIENTIANE, LAOS-LUANG PRUBANG-SIEM REAP-PHNOM PENH-MANILA and BOROCAY-KUALA LUMPAR then back to Melbourne.

Also would like advice on travel between Luang Prubang and Vientiane - are there flights for this? And best way to travel from siem reap to phnom penh?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,697 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it cheaper to book flights within Asia?

As Vietnam is not included in your itinerary, the Vietnam forum is perhaps not the best place to ask.

However, flights are invariably cheaper when booked in advance.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it cheaper to book flights within Asia?

As I understand it, Bangkok has many bucket shops (like London) dealing in air fare deals. I suggest you contact one of the agencies - I have used this one (Charlie Connection):

www.travelconnecxion.com/

I can't really say if these are special unadvertised fares - you'll just have to compare to online prices (I suggest using a search engine such as Momondo.com). Travel is a constantly changing industry, and only the pros know the real score.

Edited: 13 December 2010, 15:25
Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
444 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it cheaper to book flights within Asia?

Daily flights (2) are available between Luang Prabang and Vientiene. I have flown and also taken bus (8 - 10) hours. Spectacular scenery, comfortable although some of the driving is a bit hairraising on the cliff faces!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,212 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it cheaper to book flights within Asia?

Hi

Better to plan ahead and book in advance.

goto link

www.airasia.com

For flights all over S.E.Asia,make Malaysia as your hub

And for travel to the philipines

http://www.cebupacificair.com/

Edited: 14 December 2010, 01:27
5. Re: Is it cheaper to book flights within Asia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2011, 06:18