We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HaLong Bay 2N/3D cost quoted OK or not

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
271 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
HaLong Bay 2N/3D cost quoted OK or not

Hi my TA friends

I have just received a quote for a 2Night/ 3Day HaLong Bay cruise with Indochina direct aboard the Prince III. Our group of 8 will be chartering the whole boat for New Years Eve this year. We have been quoted for our group $1825 USD which works out at $114 USD per person per night which i feel is not expensive at all but in Vietnam where things are so cheap that might be a different story. Is this a good price as i realise we will pay more being 2 nights and over New Year period and haing the boat to opurselves or should i try another company. The junk boat does looks gorgeous. Is there any other companies yuou could recommend that would suit just our group. Regards Brooke

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HaLong Bay 2N/3D cost quoted OK or not

Hi Brooke,

I think that's a good price, I just got a quote for 2n/3d with Paradise Cruise for May 2011, and its $610 for 2 adults/1child....so still shopping around :)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
271 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HaLong Bay 2N/3D cost quoted OK or not

Thanks stjm15 for your quick response. Let me know how you go and who you decide to go with. Regards Brooke

Finland
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: HaLong Bay 2N/3D cost quoted OK or not

Hello,

Congratulation ! you got value price,i knew that Indochina Junk has many Boats like Red Dragon Junk,Princes,Dragon Pearl Junk... all good.

We've been to Halong bay but we went to different Boat and Excellent service like Paradise Cruise

hanoi
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: HaLong Bay 2N/3D cost quoted OK or not

You got good price. To be shopping more, you can contact direct with some TA in Vietnam to be confident in your choice.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HaLong Bay 2N/3D cost quoted OK or not

rbsimmo may have gotten a good price but I don't think stjm15 did.I would do a good bit of shopping around.I don't see you having a problem knocking $100 of that price.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HaLong Bay 2N/3D cost quoted OK or not

Brooke nothing outstanding about that price when you consider a bulk discount. Have a look further. Halong is famous for quoting light and then reducing the cruise itinerary once under way. Also if you are chartering the whole boat make sure that no one else is on board and bring on your own drinks as the prices charged on some of these are like $40 for bottle of Jacobs Creek Red. I understand that the drinks side of things on some of the cruises are a separate business run by the crew, and you are captives on board.

You've got time on your side.

Cheers

Ross

Edited: 09 January 2011, 04:31
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: HaLong Bay 2N/3D cost quoted OK or not

We have booked for March 2011 2 n / 3 day with Paloma Cruise superior double for $148.50 each for the two of us. Maybe look at getting a quote from them, all reviews have been great. They also have a hotel in Hanoi called Hanoi Moment of which we are staying. Obviously as they are connected, I am sure we will be picked up ok! Surely you would have more power with numbers. Have fun and I will post once we have done our trip. Lisa

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: HaLong Bay 2N/3D cost quoted OK or not

It's quite good price but you may get a bit better one if you do some more shopping.

Good luck.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HaLong Bay 2N/3D cost quoted OK or not

Hi viet1,

Yes still think its expensive although was offered discount of $10, but $600 is still alot I feel as i've heard its suppose to be low season.

Edited: 11 January 2011, 13:17
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,112 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HaLong Bay 2N/3D cost quoted OK or not

Hi Brooke.

We were on Red Dragon in November and I think your price sounds good (especially if transfers are included.) Did you get your quote directly from Indochina Junk? I booked through a TA in Vietnam and our price was a little lower than what IJ quoted.

Susan