We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam, Cambodia Laos and Bangkok

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam, Cambodia Laos and Bangkok

Hubby and I are planning a 3 week trip to Asia in September and would like to combine the above locations if possible. Has anyone done a similar trip and how did you organise it? I realise it is not a long time but would like to see as much as possible. Any suggestions for best things to do and see welcome as I have no ideas and get totally confused looking at the internet. We would also like to do a short leg on motor scooters along part of the coast any suggestions for the best part to do this?

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam, Cambodia Laos and Bangkok

3 weeks is not nearly enough time to see everything. You could probably see many of the main attractions if flying between destinations. An example could be....

From Saigon fly to Siem Riep Cambodia for 3 nights and then from there fly to Luang Prababg for another 3 nights.

Then fly to Hanoi for 4 nights including a Halong bay trip.

Then fly to Danang/Hoi an/Hue for 4 nights

Fly to Nha Trang for 4 nights

Then finally to Saigon for 3 or 4 nights including a Makong Delta trip.

It would be best to organize this with a local expert as you will want all the transport, hotels, and sights organized.

I can provide you with a very good contact that specilizes in these kind of trips if you wish.... Please PM me is you would like their contact information.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
692 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam, Cambodia Laos and Bangkok

Personally, I would not go to one country for less than 4 weeks let along try and do 4. But each to their own. I am sure that what ever you decide you will want to return.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietnam, Cambodia Laos and Bangkok

We did Vietnam, then from HCMC we took a Vinh tourist tour to Phnom Penh, via the Mekong Delta, from there we took a minibus to Siem Reap, then flew to Bangkok for our last 3 night.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietnam, Cambodia Laos and Bangkok

I have visited all three countries twice in one go, but I had 5-6 weeks. I would not recommend doing it if you have only 3 weeks, unless you really enjoy travelling (as in waiting in airports, bad roads, slow trains, slow going, unless you fly).

You could easily visit 4-5 European countries in three weeks, but not in Asia.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vietnam, Cambodia Laos and Bangkok

You should consider about time, 3 weeks suit for 2 countries enough. Vietnam and Cambodia is my recommendation.

You can travel from North to South of Vietnam then take a boat to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam, Cambodia Laos and Bangkok

I would go Vietnam & Cambodia too.

US
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vietnam, Cambodia Laos and Bangkok

Get a chance to explore the most popular tour destinations of Cambodia and Vietnam in single tour covering the very famous Hanoi City, Mekong Cruise, Halong Bay, temples of Angkor, Jewel of the Delta Day Cruise, boat trips, Siem Reap and more with Buffalo Tours.

8. Re: Vietnam, Cambodia Laos and Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 23:08
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vietnam, Cambodia Laos and Bangkok

Pamac, the above itinerary perfectly illustrates the ridiculousness of trying to see all the countries you have in mind. Not only would you not have time to visit all the sites mentioned because insufficient travelling time has been factored in, but also everything would pass in a blur and you would collapse from exhaustion long before day 20.

I particularly like the suggestion that you would be able to see Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Koh Phie and Koh Khai in 4 days. Now there's a travel agent who's living in loud cuckoo land.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vietnam, Cambodia Laos and Bangkok

uhm I don't know why my comment was delete. I just only want to give you an option to go in 3 weeks but maybe they think that i'm advertising. Sure you can go Vietnam, Cambodia, Lao and ThaiLand. You can start from VIENTIANE. 2 days stay at Vientiane, then move to Luang Prabang for 2 days. Take a flight to Hanoi and start the Vietnam trip. Some destinations to go such as : Sapa, Halong bay, Hanoi, Hue, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh. 8 days for Vietnam. From Ho Chi Minh, you can take a bus to go to Siem Riep 2 days, then Phnom Penh 2 days. 4 days for Thailand Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Koh Phie and Koh Khai. My ideas is similiar with CreakingBones