We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping shoes + jeans (similar to Bangkok's MBK)?

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Espoo, Finland
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping shoes + jeans (similar to Bangkok's MBK)?

Hello!

I need advice in shopping?

Where I should look for some cheap shoes + cheap jeans? Also for men sizes too?

I have been in Bangkok before, and there was this place called MBK. They did sell cheap shoes, bags and jeans (I did find some very good Diesel jeans for very cheap). And western sizes! That was good!

Anything similar in Hanoi?

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,706 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping shoes + jeans (similar to Bangkok's MBK)?

I'm afraid not Lady-Espoo. Not only are there no shopping malls but also it can be very difficult to find clothing in Western sizes.

However there are plenty of cheap bags and shoes in ordinary shops in the Old Quarter, although the quality is pretty awful and no very large sizes are available.

Espoo, Finland
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping shoes + jeans (similar to Bangkok's MBK)?

Oh no! That's not so good for shopaholic like me!!!

Espoo, Finland
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping shoes + jeans (similar to Bangkok's MBK)?

Are there some good streets where I can look for bags, shoes, jeans?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping shoes + jeans (similar to Bangkok's MBK)?

Hang Bong Street is pretty good for bags and shoes, although you will have to check the quality carefully. The other day I was chatting with a young Vietnamese woman from Saigon who was on a determined shoe hunt but was having trouble finding something she liked in her size (she has large feet for a Vietnamese), and when she eventually did find a pair the heel broke off in half an hour.

There are also jeans shops in the same street but the ones on display are tiny, tiny, tiny. There might be larger sizes inside though.

Saigon
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping shoes + jeans (similar to Bangkok's MBK)?

Trang Tien Plaza by Hoan Kiem lake, not similar to MBK Bangkok but you can find some stuffs here

Cheers

Saigon
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping shoes + jeans (similar to Bangkok's MBK)?

if your trip down to saigon. Saigon square will be

Cheers

Espoo, Finland
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping shoes + jeans (similar to Bangkok's MBK)?

Thank you for the info.

Tran Tien Plaza, do you know if they have also bigger sizes or only small sizes?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
192 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping shoes + jeans (similar to Bangkok's MBK)?

hi

At the moment Trang Tien Plaza is closed under construction.

You can take taxi to Vincom Tower, it is big shopping mall. It is about 3 km from Old Quarter.

You can find plenty of clothes or shoes here with famous brand name as well.

9. Re: Shopping shoes + jeans (similar to Bangkok's MBK)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 October 2011, 09:45
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping shoes + jeans (similar to Bangkok's MBK)?

Trang Tien Plaza was closed ages ago for renovation. I had a quick look at the outside the other day, albeit from a distance, and could see no sign of activity so it seems not to have reopened. I'll have a closer look in a day or two.

When it was open it certainly didn't stock larger women's sizes. There was a reasonable size range for men but the clothes were mainly imported and very expensive.

The shops at Vincom towers mainly stock imported stuff and the prices are little different from in Europe.