We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi Elegance Hotels, which one has best location?

california
Level Contributor
807 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Hanoi Elegance Hotels, which one has best location?

Hello,

I read a lot of good reviews for Hanoi Elegance hotels: Diamond, Ruby, Essence. I reckon I will not go wrong with any one of them, but I'd like to know which one has the best location/centrally located: near the Lake, walking distance to the market? Also, if anyone has had experience in any of these hotels where they allow you to leave your luggage while on trip to Halong Bay; and upon return will allow you to use their facility (to shower, relax) before you board train to SAPA. And again, upon return from SAPA use their facility to shower, relax before going to airport fo your flight....either for free or minimal cost. THANK YOU!

Halong Bay, Vietnam
Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanoi Elegance Hotels, which one has best location?

I would say the Elegance Diamond Hotel because just some walks to the Lake and night market!

However, I love the overview of the new Essence Hotel.

Hope this helps!

Darian Culbert

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
82 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanoi Elegance Hotels, which one has best location?

Generally the hotels' location are all good. However I am staying now at Essence and it's a new hotel so that might be a plus point for consideration as furnishings and amenities are all brand new

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanoi Elegance Hotels, which one has best location?

Yes, they're all good, you can leave your luggage at the hotel but I don't know about showers.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanoi Elegance Hotels, which one has best location?

Hi there,

I don't know about the Elegance hotels but we stayed at Charming 2 in Hanoi (it's in the old quarter a short walk from the lake) and they let us use one of the rooms for 2 hours for free on our return (we tipped but there was no obligation). Maybe you could contact the hotel and ask - they probably offer a similar service.

Cheers,

Rachel

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
9 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanoi Elegance Hotels, which one has best location?

I am currently at Essence. Love that it is new and pretty convenient to most places. It is a really short walk to the market, 2 right turns away. The reception has been extremely helpful, so though I can't answer you about shower/luggage etc, I suggest you email them, they have been pretty prompt with replies.

california
Level Contributor
807 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanoi Elegance Hotels, which one has best location?

Thank you all for your reply. I've narrowed down my choice to Essence, Ruby and Diamond....and would like to know of these 3 which one is closest to the lake and market?

Have a nice day!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,794 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanoi Elegance Hotels, which one has best location?

The Old Quarter is a small area - doesn't the Elegance website have a map with these locations? Actually, you run the risk of being too close to the action in the Old Qtr - meaning that some streets are so overrun with tourists, hawkers and the like that you don't really feel like you're in the real Vietnam (I dislike Ma May Street for this reason).

I've never stayed in an Elegance, but I have stayed in about 12 properties in Hanoi, and I can easily say that the best hotel I've discovered (also the best location for my interests) is the Hanoi Art Hotel on Hang Dieu (west of Hoan Kiem Lake). Many like the Hang Hanh loop for convenience (I hate that area for the above reasons) - everyone will answer differently, and it's impossible to tell you the "best" location.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,794 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hanoi Elegance Hotels, which one has best location?

Map is right here: hanoielegancehotel.com/group/how-to-find-us.…

california
Level Contributor
807 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hanoi Elegance Hotels, which one has best location?

Dear Daawgon,

Thank you for your input and the map. As it will be my 1st time to Vietnam, even tho' the hotel provides a map for their location, it does not help me much

in choosing the location. The comments from TA are definitely very helpful in mmaking the decision as to what would be the "best location" for us. I will look into Hanoi Art Hotel. Again, your comments are greatly appreciated!

Warm Regards.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hanoi Elegance Hotels, which one has best location?

Hi, we stayed at the "ruby" about 1 month ago. It was great, great rooms, great breakfast, an area where you can sit and wait if u are checking in or out early which had a shower to use. It was easy walking distance to the lake and many great restuarants. Also had the most amazingly friendly staff