We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Hospital of Paediatrics- Da Dong District

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
National Hospital of Paediatrics- Da Dong District

Hello,

I will be travelling to Hanoi in March to help out in the Paediatric Hospital in Hanoi's Da Dong District. I'm just wondering how far this hospital is from the Lake or Old Qtr as it's difficult to interpret on the internet.

Would it be worth staying near the hospital or the tourist areas?

Many Thanks

Adam

Hanoi Street Food Tour
Food Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Cooking Classes, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
HanoiKids Tour
Food Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours
Classy Travel - Day Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Vega Travel
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,995 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: National Hospital of Paediatrics- Da Dong District

I think that you may have the cart before the horse here.

Do you not mean...Dong Da...District of Ha Noi?

If so, I know it quite well as it's the district in which my former partmership travel company, Sisters Tours Vietnam, qv. Google, has it's purpose built national headquarters.

If you do mean Dong Da then it is only circa six or seven km from the old quarter.

But as you will very rapidly learn, it's not distance in Ha Noi that matters but traffic density and sheer grid lock at certain times of the day and high density practically most of the day as far as the "arterial" roads to Dong Da are concerned.

If the childrens hospital is the one I think it is it is to the west of the Dong Da District boundary.

Good luck.

Best regards. Ian

Edited: 27 November 2011, 09:17
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,917 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: National Hospital of Paediatrics- Da Dong District

You would probably be better off staying near the hospital. It would take about 1.5 hours to walk from La Thanh Street to the southern end of Hoan Kiem Lake and another 10 minutes to the Old Quarter.

I don't have a map of the bus routes but one or more buses would probably get you there (4000 dong per ride), or you could take a motorbike taxi (xe om) for 50-70,000 dong.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,368 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: National Hospital of Paediatrics- Da Dong District

The closest hotel would be the Daewoo, I believe.

If you go to Google Maps, put in this search to get a map of the area:

"National Hospital of Paediatrics hanoi vietnam"

That's pretty far to the Old Quarter - closer to West Lake

Edited: 27 November 2011, 19:33
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: National Hospital of Paediatrics- Da Dong District

Thanks heaps for the replies, much appreciated.

Cheers

Adam

5. Re: National Hospital of Paediatrics- Da Dong District

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 07:42