We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel rec

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Need hotel rec

Hi all!

We are looking for a hotel in Hanoi. We are 40, like to go out and explore so walking distance to cool things would be great, also we are escaping our children, so on the romantic side would be a plus. We don't want backpacker-esque accommodations, but don't need super luxury either.

Any recs?

Thanks,

Deb

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel rec

Deb, I can recommend the Anise Hotel, it is on the edge of the old quarter and easy walking to Hoan Kiem Lake and also Sword Lake. Very good breakfasts included, go for a deluxe room and I don't think you will be disappointed.

Greg

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,724 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need hotel rec

I'm sure the Anise Hotel is excellent, but it's close to West Lake and a fair haul from the Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem Lake (aka the Lake of the Returned Sword), which form the heart of old Hanoi and the area in which most visitors want to stay.

I've never stayed in any of the hotels in the Elegance chain, but they all receive overwhelmingly positive reviews on Trip Advisor, particularly in terms of service - click on 'Hanoi Hotels' in the left-hand column and you'll find them there. Alternatively, I was recently shown over the Rising Dragon Palace Hotel and the top-floor balcony room might well provide the romanticism you seek.

I prefer tiny hotels with a family feel, but if it weren't for that I wouldn't think twice about staying at the RDP and especially the room I mentioned above. The balcony is more of a spacious terrace, with seating and a wonderful view over old Hanoi. Perfect for breakfast, and even more so for drinks in the evening.

All of the above are in the Old Quarter and all the delights it provides, plus easy access to the other main places of interest.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,634 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel rec

You don't have to spend very much to get a nice place in Hanoi. As CB says, the smaller intimate places are the real jewels here (especially if they're in the Old Quarter or Cathedral District). I was very well pleased at the Art Hotel's family room w/enormous balcony. Location is important - ask for our comments after you select a place. I also agree that the Anise is in an inconvenient location.

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need hotel rec

The Church Hotel on Nha Tho is excellent (about $60). A wonderful location, great staff, and nice rooms with free internet . The Zephyr is also very good and just steps from Hoan Kiem Lake (about $85). A little pricier is the Silk Path Hotel (about $100). All have web site so you can take a look.

Mount Maunganui...
Level Contributor
238 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need hotel rec

We are staying at the new Essence Hotel ( part of the Elegance chain) Very reasonably priced, excellent service and reviews and they have beautiful Junior Suites for just a little extra $$$.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need hotel rec

I agree with CB that Anise Hotel is excellent hotel but closed to West Lake and far away from the Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem lake

I think you will not be disappointed if you choose any hotel of Elegance group. They are very nice, clean, convenient location and their service are really great like five star service

Edited: 08 January 2012, 04:34
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need hotel rec

The Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel would also fulfil your criteria. Currently rated 3rd best hotel on TA for Hanoi. See my review on it for greater clarity as to what it offers.

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
13,005 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need hotel rec

The Zephyr answers your stated need very well indeed.

Everything more or less at your doorstep.

I've also stayed here and enjoy it.

I'm also a walker, even in Ha Noi.

Best regards. Ian

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need hotel rec

you can stay at Classic Street hotel or Medallion hotel,these hotels are good hotels and location.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
832 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need hotel rec

You may take a look at Fraser Suite in Xuan Dieu ( West lake area) which will meet your need of romantic view to the lake. Silk path hotel is good choice in Old Quarter but price is a liitle bit high, Golden Rice hotel is new one but the rooms are very nice and reasonable price ,too.

Hope this help!