We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quoc Hoa Hotel or Zephyr??

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
176 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Quoc Hoa Hotel or Zephyr??

Hi guys,

We will be in Hanoi from 26th April - 1st May. Trying to decide between Quoc Hoa Hotel & Zephyr. Price wise there isn't that big a difference, so am more concerned with ease in moving around town, places to eat close by, shopping etc.

We are also going to do a trip to Sapa, so any good tour operators out there, who won't cost me heaven and earth ;-) Did check out Handspan, works up to 126 USD per head, any others who may be cheap and good as well?

Thanks!!

Hanoi Vietnam
Level Contributor
963 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Quoc Hoa Hotel or Zephyr??

KY,

The differences between these hotels are minor.

They are both quite new 'boutique' hotels decorated in what I would call the "new-old-Hanoi style.

They both have nice rooms but quoc hoa rooms are slightly bigger (and the more expensive rooms even bigger!)

They also both have good locations:

Z is very central but in the heart of tourist land so everything (including restaurants) is a bit more expensive and a bit more 'touristy'. On a busy road

QH is deep in the old quarter and really in the thick of things. Amizing walking and street food in any direction. something to look at fro the balcony. about 10 mins walk to the lake. Also a busy road but in a more interesting way.

The lounge/reception in QH is a bit friendlier.

As to the trip to Sapa - I can do better than HS but this is a place for advice not business so you'll have to contact me privatly.

Martin

singapore
Level Contributor
176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quoc Hoa Hotel or Zephyr??

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply. Sending you a mail on your private id now.

KY

melbourne
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quoc Hoa Hotel or Zephyr??

QH is a great stay.Staff polite and helpfull.

Better still is the location right in the old quarter.Get a balcony room facing Bat Dan street suggest 3rd level its a blast.

Had two stays here recently and will return for more.On International Womans day recently we arrived to a long stem rose and personal card for my wife in the room.Close to the markets and great eating...enjoy

singapore
Level Contributor
176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quoc Hoa Hotel or Zephyr??

Hey cookieduster,

Thanks for that!!!

KY

Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Quoc Hoa Hotel or Zephyr??

Hi guys

i will be hanoi 12 - 16 april and am deciding between church hotel and Quoc Hao Hotel. Which one is better?

I like the pictures on the QH website but I guess they are of the expensive suit room and not the cheaper standard or delux room. Do you know what those look like? Would really appreciate anyones help on this!

Also is the hotel very full and busy? I was thinking of booking one night and extending if it was comfortable.

Hear from you all soon! thanks a million!

Sweet

Sydney
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quoc Hoa Hotel or Zephyr??

Hi I am staying at the ANH DAO HOTEL- in May just wondering if anyone knows how is it? I know is cheap but it looks ok on the website thanks!

pita

melbourne
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Quoc Hoa Hotel or Zephyr??

Pita....Comment from Martin would be your best/ safest bet.

Web pictures and ratings are more than often not worth a crumpet out of VN (speaking from experiance)...good luck