We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fanny. Is it or isn't it?

Nhill, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Fanny. Is it or isn't it?

Conflicting reports as to whether Fanny Ice Cream Restaurant near Hoan Kiem lake is closed permenantly or merely for renovations have appeared on here lately. I emailed Fanny head office but didn't receive a reply. A few minutes ago my hotel manager (in the Old Quarter) emailed me saying that it was open.

Is there someone living or visiting Hanoi right now that can confirm the actual situation????

Ho Chi Minh City...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fanny. Is it or isn't it?

Fanny parlor will be re-opened at 51 Ly Thuong Kiet, Hoan Kiem District (at the corner of Ly Thuong Kiet and Quang Trung) in July

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fanny. Is it or isn't it?

Bazza, the one by Hoan Kiem Lake has closed permanently and the new one on Ly Thuong Kiet is not yet open. The new premises are two blocks south of the lake and one block west, so not so convenient for popping into when strolling round the lake.

12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fanny. Is it or isn't it?

Its close. Confirmed!!!

4. Re: Fanny. Is it or isn't it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 July 2012, 07:22
Edited: 02 July 2012, 07:22
Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fanny. Is it or isn't it?

finally they reply you and give you the new one's address, really helpful information, tks for sharing

6. Re: Fanny. Is it or isn't it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 July 2012, 09:35
Nhill, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fanny. Is it or isn't it?

Received the email below which clears the topic up . You will still be able to have a Fanny Ice Cream on your next visit. I removed my previous post as I had inadvertently identified myself . ( :-))

Dear Mr.XXXXX,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for loving Fanny ice cream during the past year. We hope that you have enjoyed the enhanced quality of our products & services. We will continue our efforts to meet your requirements and expectations in the future as well.

Currently, our store in Le Thai To St. is permanently closed for upgrades.

We will open again in June 2012 at 51 Ly Thuong Kiet St., Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi.

Again, thanks so much for contacting us. Let us know if there is anything we can ever do to assist you further.

We look forward to serving you for many years to come.

P.S: Attachment is the map of our new store.

Best Regards,

Ngo Minh Bao Ngoc

E-Marketing & FMCG Marketing Officer

Fanny Vietnam Joint Stock Company

14 D1 Thao Dien St., Thao Dien Ward, District 2, HCMC.

www.fanny.com.vn

nmbngoc@gmail.com

Phone: (08) 37446230 ---Ext. 609

Mobile: 09 1686 1686

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fanny. Is it or isn't it?

Disappointing thread content, given the title.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
606 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fanny. Is it or isn't it?

LOL nice one Timmy

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fanny. Is it or isn't it?

What does it mean to "permanently closed for upgrades?" When you permanently closed, you are closed for good and there are no upgrades.