We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halong Bay into Bai Tu Long

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Te Anau, New Zealand
Level Contributor
13 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Halong Bay into Bai Tu Long

I'm keen to do a 3D2N cruise into Bai Tu Long Bay as I heard its quieter than Halong Bay. Can anyone suggest a company that goes into that area or a company that has a different package other than the stock standard tour that all the other boats do? I'm also travelling on my own and prefer not to go on a cheap backpacker cruise.

leicester
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halong Bay into Bai Tu Long

The Dragons Pearl goes into Bai Tu Long Bay and seems to offer a less busy trip in terms of tourist areas. There is also a dinner in a cave on the 2nd night. I booked it through Handspan Travel but I think it is an Indochina Jumk tour. $249 dollars for the trip including transfers and food. Annie at Handspan was very helpful. This trip gets good reviews on the whole on here and is one of the more expensive ones.

Edited: 10 June 2012, 09:44
2. Re: Halong Bay into Bai Tu Long

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2012, 11:05
gold coast australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halong Bay into Bai Tu Long

I've been doing a fair bit of research too thanks to prior advice from TA. I'm going on a smaller junk (4 cabins) " Prince " on Bai tu Long in a couple of weeks time so I'll let you know . They all seem to follow the same route.

Te Anau, New Zealand
Level Contributor
13 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halong Bay into Bai Tu Long

Thank you TA for withdrawing Post #2, I knew it was a scam as soon as I read it.

Hi weezacomin, thanks for your suggestion, I'll be in Hnaoi on SUnday, can't wait, have finalised a trip on the Dragon's Pearl, one of Indochina-Junk. Very excited.

Te Anau, New Zealand
Level Contributor
13 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halong Bay into Bai Tu Long

Weezacomin, what was the price you paid for your trip?

hanoi
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Halong Bay into Bai Tu Long

with this boat, all you have to do once you're in,is relax and enjoy your limited time on boat.

one of the best Junk on Ha Long Bay

I have been working for tourism for 8yrs, and I do know what is true

the price? that's not the most thing we should think 'bout. for some hundred $, it worths

highly recommend this trip, on this boat

Dublin
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halong Bay into Bai Tu Long

Hi we did the 3d2n on dragon pearl last week. We too did the usual research and was also advised by Tonkin travel (very good in their own right).

DP does not follow the standard Ha Long route and the only other boats you really see are a couple of other indochina junk boats.

DP are the only boat to do the cave dinner.

I won't give too much away but book the 3d2n on DP and you won't regret it the staff could not have done more for us and the boat, locations and cave dinner were fantastic. Worth every dollar of the circa $245 we paid pp for 2 sharing inc a perfectly fine mini bus transfer. Enjoy!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Halong Bay into Bai Tu Long

Indochina Junks is owned cruise that has itinerary to Bai Tu Long Bay, you choose the nice cruise to have different itinerary and you will feel better than other, it is not overcrowded tourist than other and in my opinion, it is the best choice.

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Halong Bay into Bai Tu Long

My top three companies for Halong cruises are Indochina Sails, Bhaya, and Indochina Junks. All three companies go to Halong Bay. Which is best I think depends a lot on what you want to do and when you go.

For example, if going in cold weather months were water activities aren't an option I choose Indochina Sails. If in hot weather and going with a more active group, I like Bhaya because of the activities offered on day2 (kayaking through lagoons, cycling on Cat Ba). If I want a little less luxury and not a very active trip, I choose Indochina Junks.

10. Re: Halong Bay into Bai Tu Long

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:15