We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ha Long Bay "which tour"

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Slovakia
Level Contributor
94 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Ha Long Bay "which tour"

Hi,

I will be in October in Vietnam and planing to go for Ha Long Bay Tour, would like to spend on boat 2 days/1 night/. I found many companies offering the tours, so I would be glad to hear some recommendation or experience.

So far I am deciding between Classic Sail Cruise and Ha Long Jasmine Cruise. Any comments and recommendation appreciated.

Thank you

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ha Long Bay "which tour"

Can't comment on the 2 cruises that you've named but we were on the Dragon's Pearl and loved it and if you use the search box above you'll get loads of other recommendations.

leicester
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ha Long Bay "which tour"

Indochina Sails and Bhaya get good reviews on here and seem to appear more often than others. Beforeyou book, make sure you have an itinerary that suits your needs and also ask what happens if the weather is bad and it is cancelled in terms of refunds etc.

Some tours go into Bai Tu Bay which seems less touristy and are not surrounded by other tour boats. If you google the ones you have seen or key them into the search box on here, you might find some reviews from other travellers already on.

Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
126 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ha Long Bay "which tour"

I agree with Chrella, I was also on the Dragons Pearl (Indochina Junk company) and loved it...I would definately recommend you do the 2 night cruise, the 1 night is too short as you spend 2 full days but only get 23 hours max on the boat...

Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ha Long Bay "which tour"

I will take boat trip on Bhaya cruise, better than take 3D2N on this boat

Washington DC
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ha Long Bay "which tour"

You'd better choose some others like Indochina Sails (Dragon Pearl Junk), Glory Cruise, Paloma Cruise or Marguerite. They offer higher prices in comparison with Classic Sail and Jasmine, but same higher in quality. For Halong Bay, choosing a budget and low rated cruise is not a wise decision.

Good luck for your trip!

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ha Long Bay "which tour"

@Alie-- Indochina Sails does not operate the Dragons Pearl. Thats Indochina Junks, a different company. But yes, Indochina Sails is a very good company to choose.

Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
363 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ha Long Bay "which tour"

#1 is great. It is the good junk for halong bay 2 days trip with a small group and many things to see in halong bay

Slovakia
Level Contributor
94 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ha Long Bay "which tour"

Thank you all for your contribution and advice. Should I book the cruise advance online, or when I get to Vietnam (from some tour agency)? I mean if it´s cheaper or is the same price. Thanks a lot

Hanoi, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ha Long Bay "which tour"

felllicita,

Jasmine cruise is luxury cruise which belongs to cruisehalong company. Classic sail which belongs to Ciao Travel, this can't compare with Jasmine cruise. These are much different about the prices too.

Indochina junks in the middle range class *** and have many good reviews.

Base on your budget to find the suitable cruise.

Regarding to booking, you should book in advance to make sure you get the room. Not sure it will be cheaper or not, this depends on the peak season or low season, moreover it depends on TA you book with.

Hope this help!

Slovakia
Level Contributor
94 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ha Long Bay "which tour"

Thanks a lot! You made my decision more easy..I will go with Dragons Pearl. :)