We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halong Bay - Dragon Pearls Cruise

spore
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Halong Bay - Dragon Pearls Cruise

Hi,

May i ask what's the price range for this indochina sails Dragon Pearl Junk cruises? it seems that no price was mentioned in TA and prices can be very different depending on the tour agency. Is there any recommended and trustable tour agency in the Old quarter for us to book the cruise when we in Hanoi?

Plan to go Sapa and Halong bay but am afraid the trip will be too hectic for a child.

Any recommendation/ suggestion if we are bringing a child of age 4 to Hanoi?

Thanks in advance :)

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halong Bay - Dragon Pearls Cruise

No... not too hectic and the Vietnamese love children. Here is the link to the Indochina sails website for apricecomparison. http://www.indochinasails.com/ Most tour companies work by commission and should have the same prices or lower than the Junk price. A trustable street tour agency in Hanoi? ........... Sorry I was laughing.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
438 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Halong Bay - Dragon Pearls Cruise

just book directly with Dragon Pearls Cruise to get the good rate, and you can absolutely bring your 4-child to HN without worry.

Pretoria
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halong Bay - Dragon Pearls Cruise

I've booked the dragon pearl via my hotel. I just requested to pay the same rate Indochina sails offer and they gladly did this for me. My hotel did not demand any upfront payment.

I would recommend doing everything via your hotel, visa letter, taxi's, Sapa train and cruise bookings. This way you only deal with 1 individual. I always check the going rate on the internet and then ensure the hotel offer similar prices.

Also check the hotel rating on this website. My 2*hotel is rated tops and I expience it when dealing with them

I am also not prepared to pay any agent that can dissapear.

leicester
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halong Bay - Dragon Pearls Cruise

I was given Handspan Travel as a good agent as recommended by an Aussie guy living out there. We used them to book our trip on Dragons Pearl 2 and we had a trouble free experience. They replied promptly, communicated well with itineraries and costs etc and they were easy to find when we arrived on Ma May Street. The trip was fantastic, so I would say they were trustworthy but that's only one experience. Paid $240 dollars per person for two nights on the boat. Great value for what we got.

spore
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Halong Bay - Dragon Pearls Cruise

Hi all,

Thank you so much for all the info provided and it helps alot in my planning.

shopaholicpretoria,

Could you please send me the details of the hotel you have book, would like to check on the hotel and the package they offer for the sapa, halong bay trip :)

Thanks

Edited: 06 October 2012, 12:33
6. Re: Halong Bay - Dragon Pearls Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 22:18