We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problem Getting China Visa in US

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Problem Getting China Visa in US

Hello,

I realized I had a bad headline, so am asking this ? again, a different way. My husband are leaving for our trip in 2 weeks. We are flying round trip from San Francisco to Hanoi. We just got our Visa for Vietnam and are getting our visas for China now.

We plan on arriving in Hanoi and staying there for 10 days, then taking a bus to Nanning. Today, we took our docs to a visa expediter service (mychinavisa), and the worker there told us she thinks our applications will be rejected bc our flight info is into Vietnam and not China. She said that we have to have a receipt of purchasing the bus ticket from Hanoi to Nanning before the Chinese Embassy will approve our Visa.

I researched online, and it seems many people go by bus from Hanoi to China and say you have to have a Chinese visa b4 you can buy the bus ticket. If you have any experience or advice here, we would be most grateful.

Thanks!

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problem Getting China Visa in US

I only know that Chinese visa are always so complicated that at one point for work I just gave up. All flight were to Hong Kong or Taipei (no visa needed) and magically the next day my free Visa was ready at the hotel.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Problem Getting China Visa in US

Thanks Maurizio. Perhaps we will fly from Hanoi to HK and then try and get a visa from there. (?) Did you set up the visa ahead of time or start the process from HK?

Thanks again!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,131 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Problem Getting China Visa in US

This is all very odd.

In Sydney, Australia, PRC entry visas are obtainable within only 48 hours and no supporting doccumentation required. I go fairly regularly to southern China.

Have you enquired as to the time and documentation required if you apply for a PRC visa in Ha Noi?

Best regards. ian

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Problem Getting China Visa in US

Yes, it is odd. That's a good idea ian, I will look into it. I am also looking at changing our flight into Hanoi to fly into HK and then travel from HK by land to Nanning and a couple of other towns, then down to Hanoi. It will be just before Tet, so we were hoping to land and stay put for a bit.....

the adventure begins!

5. Re: Problem Getting China Visa in US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2014, 05:19