We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too many Choices for Halong Bay Cruise, Pls Help !

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
238 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Too many Choices for Halong Bay Cruise, Pls Help !

Hi guys,

I am looking to do a 2 days 1 nights cruise at the end of March with my husband and I have been doing a lot of research. There are so many choices for the cruise and can you please help me with some suggestions ?

The following are our criterias for the cruise :

1. Small group, we dont like big crowds

2. We dont mind to pay a little extra to get a luxury Cruise

3. We prefers cruise which does its own special itinerary, especially a cruise which goes to Bai Tu Long Bay as I heard that it is a lot cleaner in that area

I also have the following questions :

1. How much do you think is the reasonable rate to pay for the 2 ways transfer from Hanoi - Halong Bay ?

2. I noticed that websites has big difference when comes to the same prticular cruise, can you pls recommend some legit websites which offer good rate for the cruise ?

Thanks so much for your help.

Have a good day there

Edited: 06 March 2013, 22:04
Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,745 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too many Choices for Halong Bay Cruise, Pls Help !

We went with indochina junk dragon pearl. Highly recommend. Lovely boat and cabins. Great food and max of 18 people. However, I cant comment on others. However, it does appear you get what you pay for so a cheap trip is just that. We booked directly with indochina junk and transfers were all included. And it was a very comfortable new van they used. My daughter gets travel sick and travelled really well in both the van and the boat. Enjoy. Its a fantastic trip.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
829 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too many Choices for Halong Bay Cruise, Pls Help !

Try www.thesinhtourist.vn

They are a reliable company and we got a good price with them. Return transfer by mini bus from Hanoi to Halong Bay is included in the price.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Too many Choices for Halong Bay Cruise, Pls Help !

Indochina junk has small boats that cruise Bai Tu Long Bay. Bhaya, Ginger, Aclass Opera also have good reputation but they are bigger. Transfer by shuttle bus is 30 usd/ 1 way. Check out Visit Wonders website, it has clear price breakdown for Halong Cruise. Check out Best Price too. It is well worth shopping around.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
848 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too many Choices for Halong Bay Cruise, Pls Help !

Figure your budget and decide the options.

1. Depend on the boat you choose. There are 1 room to 30 rooms available. Also depend on the size of the boat. Indochina Junk offer options for small boat. They are 3 star, not luxury but good. I would say average size is 12-15 rooms. Many boats are hugh for 15 rooms so you will not find it busy at all.

3. Only two companies do their trip all the time in Bai Tu Long Bay. Other do a few hours and go back to Halong Bay.

--------------

1. Transfer always be included in the rate and it varies from 25-30 USD. Choose the company that send their tour guide from Hanoi and go with you the whole trip. So they can talk to you, answer your questions, show you things you see on the way... this is good for 4 hours drive from Hanoi to Halong Bay.

2. Check the reputable travel companies or the cruise operator. Many websites are owned by cheaters. Unless the website is official by the boat company, anything similar to it is fake and not belong to trusted people.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too many Choices for Halong Bay Cruise, Pls Help !

Choose one of the boats from the Indochina junk company, they go to a different part of the bay than the others and is quiter and cleaner, we were on the dragons Pearl and loved it and if you do the 2 night cruise dinner on the last night is in a cave.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
338 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Too many Choices for Halong Bay Cruise, Pls Help !

If you have an agent that has been recommended, mention the price you've seen and see if they can match it.

7. Re: Too many Choices for Halong Bay Cruise, Pls Help !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 March 2013, 19:37
Vietnam
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Too many Choices for Halong Bay Cruise, Pls Help !

Aloca Gold Cruise

Oriental Sails

Bhaya

Hanoi, Vietnam
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Too many Choices for Halong Bay Cruise, Pls Help !

- the bus 2 way included in the tour price already. you don not need to pay.

- most of cruises are same with the fact, some are different (no star, cheap price)

- you can compare poseidon cruise, orient cruise or alova cruise. alova is developing now.

- you can tell about how much you want to pay for tour i will recommend for you 1 or 2 cruise.

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Too many Choices for Halong Bay Cruise, Pls Help !

We just travelled with indochina junk. We chose the Dragon's pearl which was 160USD per person for my boyfriend and me. We had a great time. All the boats have an english speaking tour guide. Our cruise had 20 people on board and didn't feel over crowded. They had great activities and included options for the less active.