We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling tours Vietnam

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cycling tours Vietnam

Hi, we want to do some cycling in Vietnam and are looking at Spiceroads, Footprint and Marco Polo tours. Anyone with advise re these operators? We are planning to do a few days around Sapa and then later again a few days in the Mekong delta. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Sapa
Sapa
Lao Cai Province, Vietnam
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
813 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cycling tours Vietnam

Hi, can only comment about the cycling trip we did, but it was fabulous! Cycling is definitely a great way to see the country, you will normally be able to get off the beaten track and mingle with the locals more.

We did a 3 night/4 day cycle tour from Hue to Hoi An with Pathbiker tours, have a look at my reviews for more information. The itinerary was perfect for us, so saw and did so much, and there was the challenging option of cycling up and down the Hai Van Pass which my husband did, but I rode in the minibus and still enjoyed the views and the experience. Cycling around local villages, fishing villages, as well as a few busy streets and the amazing markets and old city of Hoi An was a highlight of our 3 weeks in Vietnam. Message me if you want any more info.

I think the most important thing to check is the quality of the bikes, the ones we had were top of the range Trek bikes and absolutely great to ride, we had no issues with them at all.

Mentioned in this post
Hue
Hue
Thua Thien - Hue Province, Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Hai Van Pass
Hai Van Pass
475 Reviews
Phu Tho, Vietnam
2. Re: Cycling tours Vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 06:05
3. Re: Cycling tours Vietnam

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 08:05
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cycling tours Vietnam

If you want to enjoy some parts of the trip on a bike, it is best to deal with a local operator: Asia Aventura, Buffalo Tours or Vietnam Backroads. They may give you better price than Spiceroads which is based in Thailand.

Mentioned in this post
Asia
Asia
World
Buffalo Tours
Buffalo Tours
1,414 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cycling tours Vietnam

i am looking to do a 1-2 day cycle trip from Hanoi. but im not sure whether this is possible given the short time frame?

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
hanoi
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cycling tours Vietnam

Yyy

hanoi
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cycling tours Vietnam

With 2 days, many places you can visit in hanoi city

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cycling tours Vietnam

contact Joe Nguyen at www.bikingvietnam.com/hanoi-cycling.htm. I can definitely recommend him for custom made cycling trips in the north. We had a fantastic cycling holiday with one of his guides and learned a lot about Vietnam and had lots of fun and exercise.

Mentioned in this post
9. Re: Cycling tours Vietnam

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 09:06
10. Re: Cycling tours Vietnam

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 11:35
Edited: 25 August 2014, 11:35