We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should i book now for halong bay on august 3rd

vientiane
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Should i book now for halong bay on august 3rd

we arrive in Hanoi on august 1 and plan to stay 2 nights we want to go to on the 1 night 2 day indochina sails or red dragon cruise, depart hanoi on the morning of the 3rd should we book now or wait until we get to hanoi, i worry that the weather will turn nasty and it gets cancelled , also dont want to spend valuable time scouring hanoi for tours when we could be out taking in the sites , any advise please, also how reliable are tour companys with refunds if the tour gets cancelled , im assuming they only get cancelled once they have you captive on the bus to halong ?

Hanoi Free Tour Guides - Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours
Vietnam in Focus
Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
Sapa
Level Contributor
471 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Should i book now for halong bay on august 3rd

it is hard to predict how fast the weather changes. In the last few day, it rained so much in Hanoi and Quang Ninh also. Here is the link you can see the weather forecast in next 7 days at freemeteo.com/default.asp…

In general, if there is heavy rain or storm, tour is cancel for travelers' safety. Moreover the bad weather causes limited view, limited activites on water. Keep your eyes open when you arrive or change to another place such as Hoa Lu Ninh Binh, Mai Chau for 2 days 1 nite.

Sapa Sunshine Travel

Chicago, Illinois
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Should i book now for halong bay on august 3rd

Dont skip it because of the unpredicted weather. Pretty sure you are lucky person, :) so just go ahead. Ha Long Bay is really beauty, worth to visit at least one in your life.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should i book now for halong bay on august 3rd

I would book now as sometimes Indochina boats are booked out. We have had a tour cancelled due to inclimate weather and all money was refunded

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Should i book now for halong bay on august 3rd

These cruises as your mention is quite popular and it often overbook at high season so you should book it in advance and certainly if the your trip cancel due to the weather your money will be refunding.

vientiane
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should i book now for halong bay on august 3rd

Thanks for the replies all, i reckon i will book it today

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should i book now for halong bay on august 3rd

They're a reputable company so it won't be a problem getting a refund if it is cancelled and they don't have many cabins on the junks so best to book beforehand.

7. Re: Should i book now for halong bay on august 3rd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 22:35
8. Re: Should i book now for halong bay on august 3rd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 06:20