We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to stay in Sapa

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
Level Contributor
7 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
How long to stay in Sapa

My husband and I are returning to Vietnam in April 2014. We are planning to spend time in SaPa and wondering if 6 nights (not including the 2 nights on the train) is too long. Is there enough to keep us busy??

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to stay in Sapa

IMO 6 nights would be too long to have in Sapa alone. Three nights would be suitable to see and enjoy all that the town alone has to offer, with some day walks/drives to nearby villages.

Greg

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to stay in Sapa

hi, Tomson88 Adelaide

You should plan to spend time in Sapa

Day 1: Lao Cai - Sapa - Cat Cat

Day 2: Sapa - Lao Chai - Ta Van

Day 3: TaVan - Ban Ho

Day 4: Ban Ho - Thanh Phu

Day 5: Thanh Phu - Sapa

Day 6: (Tuesday): Sapa - CocLy Market - Boat Trip on Chay River

Day 7: Sapa - Bacha - Cancau market (Saturday)

Day 8: (Sunday) : Visit Bacha market - Sapa

Adelaide
Level Contributor
7 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long to stay in Sapa

This is great. So 6 nights can be well spent. I have seen many tours for Sapa however am planning to book these when we get there. It is so confusing from so far away!

I will lock in accomodation and the train prior however.

Thankyou for getting back to me so quickly.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long to stay in Sapa

Poster #2 seems to have a problem with the days of the week. :-) They have listed Day 6 as a Tuesday and Day 8 as a Sunday. The Sunday Bac Ha markets are more appropriately done as a part of the return trip to Lao Cai to get the return train to Hanoi. I am not sure where the other places mentioned are but it appears that at least 3 of the nights are not spent in Sapa, following this suggested itinerary, with a fair bit of back tracking also.

Greg

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
721 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How long to stay in Sapa

As long as you love the places, so a few days not a problem when you have time. #2 is a great idea for visit Sapa with your schedule. Agree with Greg that #2 has a minor mistake. If Tomson likes trekking, then I will suggest you climb the Fanxifan peak :)

TUN Travel

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long to stay in Sapa

hi i am currently in sapa seems to be plenty of tours on offer just make sure you can handle all sorts of terrain as can be physically challenging i booked tour in advance from agency in hoi ann was big mistake as on arrival tour was nothing like as promised much better idea is to arrive here and see what is on offer as i have had problems getting what i was promised and tour agency hard to get in contact with better if you can deal direct with people here to arrange tour that you know you will get

Adelaide
Level Contributor
7 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long to stay in Sapa

Thanks Sirion 136 for your reponse, you have just made my mind up. I will look to stay for the 6 days, this day we can take it easy. Great to hear also that you suggest booking the tours there. Will definetly do this. Cheers.

Cape Carteret...
Level Contributor
5 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long to stay in Sapa

The area around Sapa is great for self-guided motorcycle touring. I could do that for 6 days. Reliable bikes can be rented for $5 per day.

9. Re: How long to stay in Sapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 05:16