We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Hanoi right now

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
In Hanoi right now

Just wanted to post some quick observations as we're in Hanoi right now. Going through immigration is straightforward. Even though both me and my dad we're born in Vietnam, we weren't stopped or asked for a bribe. We already had visas but there is a counter on the left side of arrival in Hanoi airport which is for visa on arrival.

Weather has been warm by our standards (high 20's, low 30's) but not humid so it's alright.

Traffic is crazy as expected, just don't run across street and go slowly. The driver's will make room for you. Pollution is actually better than China, you can actually see the sun and sky! ;)

Food is cheap by Vancouver standards, especially if you eat street food. You just have to lower your hygiene standards! and ignore how they wash the utensils.

Haven't noticed any pickpockets but I have seen quite a few other tourists wear their bags on the front. Looks tacky to me but if it gives you piece of mind then so be it. I just put my camera in a day bag and walk around normally.

Off now to do more sightseeing.

Hanoi Street Food Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cooking Classes, Food Tours, Motorcycle Tours
HanoiKids Tour
Food Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours
Classy Travel - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Food Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Vega Travel
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Hanoi right now

your right, Hanoi is very safe to travel around, but should watch out when you guys come to HCM city, the situation is not yet improve. Don't be paranoia, just know that facts and be-careful. My friend is tour guide told to his clients have to be careful in morning, he himself have been snatched the iPhone s4 while standing on the foot path. For foods i am strongly recommended eat in door and well done also. eatable street foods is just noodle

2. Re: In Hanoi right now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 06:20