We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi, Halong Bay, Perfume Pagoda, Trang An

Greenville, South...
3 posts
Save Topic
Hanoi, Halong Bay, Perfume Pagoda, Trang An

I have 3 days and 2 nights in the Hanoi region and not sure what to see and what to skip. At least 1 day/night in Hanoi. How should I break up the last 2 days/1 night amongst the following:

1. Halong Bay

2. Perfume Pagoda

3. Trang An, Hoa Lu, Bai Dinh Pagoda

Any help would be great. Thanks!

leicester
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanoi, Halong Bay, Perfume Pagoda, Trang An

You have three days two nights. Halong Bay is a four hour trip each way and along way to go for a few hours on the water. The perfume pagoda is a full day trip as are the three places you list in Ninh Binh. Little point in my opinion going to Hanoi and then travelling away from it for most of the time. If you choose to do so, give yourself a night on Halong Bay. It's the best option of th three given the time you have. Ninh Binh requires more time than you have as a day trip there is simply not worth it. Personally I'd spend the whole time in Hanoi but its your trip.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanoi, Halong Bay, Perfume Pagoda, Trang An

I have to concur with everything JoLeicester says.

Hanoi has more than enough to keep you busy for your entire time, but if you really are hell bent on taking a day trip then Trang An, Hoa Lu and Bai Dinh are the best option, although it will have to be a private tour as group ones from Hanoi do not yet take in all three places. A day trip to Halong Bay simply wouldn't be worth the long, tiring and bumpy journey.

3. Re: Hanoi, Halong Bay, Perfume Pagoda, Trang An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2013, 15:37
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanoi, Halong Bay, Perfume Pagoda, Trang An

i agree with creakingbones, of course you should miss Halong bay if you go Trang An no need to go to Perfume pagoda, because of both place are similar. My suggestion for 3 days 2 nights

one night on cruise in Halong bay, then transfer directly to Ninh Binh for overnight, next day discover Trang An by row boat and Bai Dinh pagoda, then back to Hanoi

5. Re: Hanoi, Halong Bay, Perfume Pagoda, Trang An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2014, 05:16