We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mekong quilt, where is it.................................

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
mekong quilt, where is it.................................

My quilt was sent to me in UK on the 31st November, and as yet it still has not arrived, I have been in touch by e mail tell me it is still on the boat, I know its a long way but surly by now it should have arrived, @ £300 it is a lot of money to loose, I did all the internet research I could before committing to buying, but now im wondering if I have made a terrible mistake, anyone else waiting this long, and has everything turned out ok

Many thanks

Ann

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,167 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mekong quilt, where is it.................................

If that was sent by seamail, don't expect it so soon (maybe after 4 months it will arrive!) Yes, if sent airmail or express, it should have arrived already. Mekong Quilts is very good - don't think you have much to worry about.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,167 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mekong quilt, where is it.................................

You might also check with UK Customs - they might have a backlog?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mekong quilt, where is it.................................

Don't panic.

Our purchases that we previously sent by slow mail took well over 3 months to arrive in Darwin.

DG

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mekong quilt, where is it.................................

We had our quilt sent via air but it still took quite a long time. The length of time was due to it being hand made, having qc checks that resulted in it being redone for certain imperfections, and finally receiving the qc OK. By air it took a relatively short time and was in perfect shape when it arrived at its destination. It is beautiful and well worth the cost and wait. I would suggest that you just accept that if sent by sea shipment it does take a very long time.

Australia
Level Contributor
317 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mekong quilt, where is it.................................

Hi, these quilts sound interesting, whereabouts would I be able to see them, we will be staying in HCM and Hanoi and also Hoi An. Are you able to buy them on the spot or only custom made? Also, roughly how much for a queen size quilt and would you approximate weight if I wanted to take in checked luggage allowance?

Thanks!

6. Re: mekong quilt, where is it.................................

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 12:05
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mekong quilt, where is it.................................

Put Mekong Quilt into the www and all will be revealed!

8. Re: mekong quilt, where is it.................................

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 05:19