We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

custom vietnam travel

sydney australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
custom vietnam travel

hi all, I have just booked a day trip with Custom Vietnam Travel and have paid a deposit of 20%,a not unreasonable thing. they have , however, asked that I pay the balance as soon as I arrive in Hanoi rather than paying on the day. does anyone know if this is normal procedure or should I be wary? any help would be appreciated.

thanks, Graham

Sapa
Level Contributor
471 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: custom vietnam travel

Making a deposit from 20% is normal to guarantee your bookings. No need to worry much about it, the remaining balance can be paid when you arrive in Vietnam.

Cheers!

Sapa Sunshine Travel

sydney australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: custom vietnam travel

hi Sapa, if you read my post I am not worried about the deposit but rather the fact that they want full payment when we arrive in Hanoi rather than on the day of the tour. is this normal in Hanoi? thanks , graham.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: custom vietnam travel

Much depends on whether you have booked a group tour or a private one. If it's a group tour operated by another company there might be no opportunity for a representative of Custom Vietnam Travel to see you on the day of the tour.

Hanoi, Vietnam
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: custom vietnam travel

Agree with creaking, one more reason, if you travel in peak season, the travel agent just want to be sure that they will not miss to collect the balance

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: custom vietnam travel

Hi, Graham. We just used this agency's services for a seven night jaunt in Vietnam and Cambodia. The arrangements were the same for us. We found them extremely responsible and trustworthy.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: custom vietnam travel

thanks David ,that eases my mind . i'll let you know how the tour goes . cheers

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: custom vietnam travel

We have also booked with them for Vietnam and Cambodia next month and paid 20%. Thanks David. Was a little apprehensive as picked them up from Tripadvisor.

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: custom vietnam travel

Hello, we are thinking of booking with Vietnam custom travel. How was your trip? Thanks very much for your info. would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Mike

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: custom vietnam travel

I have booked with Vivu travel and its the same procedure.

Edited: 02 February 2015, 19:06
10. Re: custom vietnam travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2016, 05:16