We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

authentic North Face bags

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
61 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
authentic North Face bags

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help... was browsing through a few months back, and came across several posts about this particular lady who's honest and sell authentic NorthFace bags in her stall in the market....

Can anyone point the right thread/posts/directions? Thanks much!

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: authentic North Face bags

Cranberry, I can't remember the posts you mention and don't know which market you mean, but if you see a North Face bag on any stall or in any small shop anywhere in Hanoi it will be a fake. Genuine North Face articles are difficult if not impossible to find, and if you do track something down in one of the more upmarket shopping malls away from central Hanoi they will be expensive.

Some fakes are very shoddy and the stitching will come apart very quickly, while others are more sturdily made. If you do consider buying one you should check it carefully and test all seams and stitching by giving them a tug.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: authentic North Face bags

Honestly, it is very hard to find the authentic North Face bags in Vietnam. You may find the auth in Parkson or Center Shopping. However, it 's not sure the auth one too, can not trust the saleman here. If you find the auth one, a price is too expensive than that in your country. Frankly speaking, to buy brand-name goods in Vietnam if you don't mind whether it is fake or auth.

Edited: 09 June 2014, 10:35
Sydney
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: authentic North Face bags

Yeah, probably the same as the Northface jackets etc...... but in saying that my friends bought jackets in HCMC then traveled to Alaska and Canada a few years ago and they are still going strong?? Go tell??

Mark

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: authentic North Face bags

Seriously u, i can affirm that you can not purchase any authentic NorthFace bags at market area or even small shop in Vietnam. Pls do not trust the lady who gonna sell for u those fake bags. let consider again bfr buying it with prices are not worth the value of its. Honestly advise you go to large shopping center such: Trang Tien Plaza, Vimcom Mega Mall, Royal City or Time City.. to buy it. Guarantee never be seen any fake bags at this erea but really so expensive to get one. I guess u can get one similar at your coutry with lower price. Bcs Vn must pay for imported tax.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: authentic North Face bags

Well, there you go.

When Hanoi travel agents (post numbers 2 and 4) reply thoughtfully in response to questions to such as this, rather than merely in order to promote their businesses, then their helpful contributions are in line with what this website is supposed to be about. Such a refreshing change.

A note to slandtravel though, actually there are (very expensive) fakes at Trang Tien Plaza, and no doubt in the other places you mention, as well as at upmarket shops supposedly dedicated to selling just one international brand, be it clothes, jewellery, cosmetics or whatever. That's Vietnam, in combination with the ingenuity of Chinese manufacturers.

It would be nice if visitors would get over their obsession with grabbing what pretend to be international labels at knock-down prices and concentrate instead on buying locally made products that are just that - local and unique.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
232 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: authentic North Face bags

This is interesting- a friend recently came back from Vietnam thinking he'd bought genuine North Face jackets - was told they're made there and the locals can sell factory overruns...

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: authentic North Face bags

Lots of fairy tales are told in and about Vietnam. First of all, the locals don't always know. Secondly, it is not always in their best interest to tell you what they actually know. Furthermore, much gets lost in translation.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 23:36
Panay Island...
Level Contributor
79 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: authentic North Face bags

It's exactly the same in the Philippines. You can buy North Face products everywhere but they are fake and not very good quality. However, there is an official North Face outlet in our biggest mall (SM City Iloilo) has the real thing at prices 5 to 10 times higher and much better quality. For example a roll around carry-on (Rolling Thunder) is the equivalent of $230, more or less the same price as in the North Face catalog in the U.S.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
61 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: authentic North Face bags

Just returned from Hanoi, unfortunately not my cup of tea :(

Anyway, tried to buy Keen sandals on Hang Dau.. and the lowest they were willing to go was 500,000 Dong!! Didn't buy any in the end.

Bay of Plenty...
Level Contributor
3 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: authentic North Face bags

I read the same post just a few days ago. I had a hunt back round and found the blog I read it in see pitzips.com/913/… this is the chap who found a shop which helped him and there is a picture of the lady.

hope that helps