We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I have to visit Hoa Lu?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Do I have to visit Hoa Lu?

I have 3 full days in Hanoi and I am planning to do an overnight Ha Long Bay cruise.

My problem is Hoa Lu seems to be an interesting place. Should I sacrifice a day in HaLong Bay or just explore Ha Long in 2 days?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
212 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I have to visit Hoa Lu?

Hoa Lu- Tam Coc is also called Halong bay on land. It's very beautiful. However, in this time, it does not have rice fields any more. It is haverted. If you travel from March to May, You will see the green and yellow rice field on the way to Tam Coc.

If you are interested in the Vietnam history and architecture. Let's visit Hoa Lu to discover.

If not, just save your time in Hanoi and Halong bay.

Hope this help.

Sapa
Level Contributor
471 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I have to visit Hoa Lu?

Definitely it is worth a visit and you can do it during a day.

Enjoy !

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I have to visit Hoa Lu?

With 3 days, we recommend you 2 days & 1 night in Halong bay and 1 full day in Hoa Lu - Tam Coc. Hoa Lu bring the beauty of ancient capital in Vietnam. Halong is known as the natural world heritage in Vietnam.

Enjoy your trip in Vietnam.

Asianway Travel

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I have to visit Hoa Lu?

Hi Wirawan

It is better to take the overnight cruise rather than the day trip which involves 8 hours on the road for maybe four hours out on the bay (and a fair part of that is spent getting out amongst the islands and back to the dock). Maybe you can return some day and explore Hoa Lu and other parts of Ninh Binh

Edited: 30 June 2014, 15:22
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,724 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do I have to visit Hoa Lu?

Hoa Lu is just one of the many attractions in Ninh Binh Province and you would need 3 days to see them all. Also, Hanoi deserves more than a day, so it would be best to do what rayza says and leave Ninh Binh for another visit to Vietnam.

6. Re: Do I have to visit Hoa Lu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 06:17