We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi 6 days in October

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hanoi 6 days in October

Hello, I'm planning my first trip to Hanoi in October. I'll be there for 6 full days. I'm travelling alone, I'm interested in seeing markets, walking in some interesting areas, food, perhaps some day trips and out of Hanoi (is there some nice beach close by?), some nice place for a massage, some cycle tour maybe. I'm not sure which area to stay in. I'm not looking to be going out each night, more mooching around during the day. Any suggestions I'd be very grateful.

1. Re: Hanoi 6 days in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 08:06
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanoi 6 days in October

The beach closet maybe at Halong bay, it's take you about 3 hours by car. You love walking, food and see market, you could see Hanoi food tours, and do cycling in the coutryside suburb of Hanoi, visit Bat Trang ceramic or Duong Lam ancient village. It's near Hanoi ( 40 km only ).

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanoi 6 days in October

You should undoubtedly stay in the Old Quarter, which is abuzz with fascinating street life and markets. Together with the Cathedral District and Hoan Kiem Lake it's perfect for mooching around and people watching.

Beaches are out, but there are a number of day trips to the countryside from Hanoi that can be booked the day before - your hotel will be able to help you with that.

Your 6 days will fly by!

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanoi 6 days in October

Hi Amy,

I have been to Hanoi many times and each time I usually stay in the old quater of Hanoi. That is a place where you can see daily life of people, a lots shop with many kind of products from high techlonogy to handicraft from local. There are also many bars, especially in Ma May str or Luong Ngoc Quyen str. They are pretty small but reasonable price. Hanoi has many lakes around but do not miss 2 of them, Hoan Kiem lake and West lake. They are super cool. You can find info for tours in your hotel. I think it's better to book tour with your hotel I know it's a bit pricey but they guarantee for that not like some scam travel agent on street. Have a good trip!

5. Re: Hanoi 6 days in October

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 17:39
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanoi 6 days in October

Hanoi is a great place for a solo traveler - I know since I've been there many times and can't seem to get enough of this crazy town. Be sure to hook up with Hanoikids for their free student tours - reserve a month ahead of time by emailing to hanoikidsvn@gmail.com

My favorite hotels are Joseph's Hang Da and the Art Boutique - some of the best of the 3* places for comfort and wonderful breakfasts. The expat site ( …xemzi.com/en/c/1/entity_review/list ) lists venues that western expats like (not especially Vietnamese) - this is an early to bed/early to rise kind of country - not a wild party town such as Saigon or Nha Trang. For beaches head to the Hoi An/Danang area. You might want to take the trip up to Sapa by train - very colorful and unique. Better than sights or venues are the wonderful Vietnamese people - that's why I strongly suggest Hanoikids (instant friends).

My best advice is - do your research - very important for Vietnam - start at Travelfish.org (Vietnam is unique and the more you know in advance, the more successful your trip will be)

Malaysia
Level Contributor
3 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanoi 6 days in October

I just got back from spending a week in Hanoi with family. Stay in the Old Quarter preferably near Hoe Kiem Lake. I stayed in the Elegance Emerald Hotel which offered a family room with buffet breakfast for all 4 of u for US$70 per night.

I highly recommend you get in touch with Hanoikids to take you around for the first couple of days. Recommended places are Temple of Literature, Museum of Ethnology and Hanoi Prison. Also visit St Joseph Cathedral. Shopping around the Cathedral is more pleasant compared to other parts of the Old Quarter. Shopping is Hanoi is good value. Good place to look for art, Sapa embroidery and souvenirs. Try Pho 10 at nearby Ly Cog Su Street for a meal.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hanoi 6 days in October

with 6 days, you will have a complete trip. you may consult my itinerary.

- first day, visit inside the city: One-Pillar pagoda, Ho Chi Minh mausoleum, Tran Quoc pagoda, Quoc Tu Giam temple, Ethnographic museum, Old Quater, stroll around Hoan Kiem lake, visit night market (if from Friday to sunday)

- second day. Visit Bat Trang ceramic village

- 3th and 4th days. Visit Ba Vi national park and Duong Lam ancient village

- 5th day. Visit Huong pagoda, it's complex of pagodas on a big mountain.

- 6th day. stroll around the city and enjoy specialties of Hanoi and visit few rest attractions.

9. Re: Hanoi 6 days in October

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:05
10. Re: Hanoi 6 days in October

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 11:05