We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woman travelling solo on budget to Hanoi

3 posts
Save Topic
Woman travelling solo on budget to Hanoi

Hi!

I am 28 and this is my first time traveling on my own and first time in Asia!

I will arrive to Hanoi Nov. 27th and leave Dec. 2nd.

If you could give me tips on do or don'ts.

Must do tours and places to stay, budget travelling.. I would really appreciate it!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Woman travelling solo on budget to Hanoi

Have you read any of the FAQ's on the right of this forum? And have you reviewed the Forum itself. Many of your answers will be found there. No one knows what you likes and dislikes are except for you!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Woman travelling solo on budget to Hanoi

Kristy, I would do 2 day/ 1 night Halong bay trip with your time frame. The rest time might be spent in Hanoi or another trip for Mai Chau or Ninh Binh. Stay at the Old Quarter of Hanoi is the choice of most tourists.

Happy travels!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
212 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Woman travelling solo on budget to Hanoi

Hi Kristy

You have 6 days in Hanoi so i think Hanoi, Halong bay and Tam Coc is must-see for you.

Nov 27: Hanoi arrival

Nov 28: Hanoi city tour

Nov 29: Halong bay

Nov 30: Halong bay- Hanoi

Dec 1: Ninh binh- Tam Coc

Dec 2: Hanoi Departure

As i know, if you join a group tour with another customer, price will be low around $400 for all services: meals ($10/meal), guide, hotel ($30/night)

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Woman travelling solo on budget to Hanoi

No I haven't I am completely new at all of this but thank you for pointing that out I will check it right away! :)

Edited: 31 July 2014, 05:12
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Woman travelling solo on budget to Hanoi

No I haven't DIKTHAI, I am completely new at all of this but thank you for pointing that out I will check it right away! :)

Thank you to the rest of you I will check out those places!

birmingham
Level Contributor
288 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Woman travelling solo on budget to Hanoi

I too am visiting Vietnam for the first time later this year. I will definitely be going on a food tour the day I arrive.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Woman travelling solo on budget to Hanoi

If you are on a tight budget for a week, then Halong Bay may be too expensive for the usual cruises that are discussed on this forum. My vote would be a side trip to Ninh Binh as the scenery is also spectacular and much less expensive.

London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Woman travelling solo on budget to Hanoi

I am in Vietnam travelling solo at the mo. So far I've felt very safe and I'm enjoying the experience!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
721 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Woman travelling solo on budget to Hanoi

You still can come to Ha Long Bay for sure. It's not too expensive because there are a lot of cruise from budget to luxury junk in Ha Long bay.

You can stay at backpacker hostels, book group tour..

And Hanoi is the safe city for traveling alone :)

10. Re: Woman travelling solo on budget to Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 05:16