We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel with pool

Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Topic
hotel with pool

Hi,we are going to Saigon early next year and wish to stay in the City (is sector 1 the best place?) but also I want to book a hotel with a pool - preferably outdoors. We have recently spent 2 years living and working in China amid hustle and bustle. My husband loves that and so do I now and then - but I want a peaceful "haven" on this holiday. Could anyone please recommend a good hotel for that.

Thanks

10 replies to this topic
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel with pool

Sheraton has a nice pool. It's not my favourite place to stay, they charge extra for internet in the room, for example. But I sometimes need to spend frequent flier miles.

Edited: 22 October 2017, 04:26
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel with pool

many hotels have pool here and will be more specific ones if you let us know about the budget

Cheers

Newport Beach
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel with pool

Intercontinental has a pool. Go online and apply for IHG membership (free), as members internet is free. However, there are a lot of other hotels that have pool in district 1 area.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
731 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel with pool

Park Hyatt is a good option.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
59 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel with pool

stayed last weekend at Beautiful Saigon Boutique Hotel and really enjoyed the pool. It's more budget than the ones mentioned above so depends on what you are looking for. Drinks and snacks available and staff were great. I'd stay again. but to be clear, it is a budget / mid-range option. It is not a Hyatt, Sheraton or Intercontinental !

Brighton,UK
Level Contributor
352 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel with pool

We will be going to Saigon next year and used Trivago to find Hotel Nikkon Saigon (just look at the TA reviews - amazing!). We were directed to a site and booked H Nikkon Club Room for such a steal of a price that I daren't tell you. OK it's not in District 1 but they have a free bus to District 1 and everything you might be looking for. (We stayed at the Liberty Central Riverside last year and it was really good too) Besides taxis are very cheap but be sure to use a Mah lin or Vin Sun taxi or run the risk of being scammed. When changing money, or paying for anything use only small amounts and never hold your purse or mobile phone out. Common sense really but so often do you read reports of visitors being scammed.

Have a great trip.

Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel with pool

Hotel Nikkon? I think you mean Hotel Nikko?

It is miles away from the central city....even if you take the free shuttle, or a cheap taxi, you are still going to spend hours each day, getting to & from, because of the traffic....

Bolton, Canada
Level Contributor
323 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel with pool

Well since you came from China why not stay closer to Chinatown?

Windsor Plaza has a nice pool - free shuttle to downtown - and they keep an eye on taxis - although for longer trips I prefer xeoms it works out cheaper if you negotiate well - or if you are mildly insane it is walkable

However yes district 1 is considered the better place to stay unless you have different preferences that lead you outside - some of the previous suggestions are ok

Edited: 03 November 2017, 21:40
Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel with pool

You might want to have a look at the Liberty Central Saigon Centre Hotel, it is positioned about two minutes walk to Ben Thanh Market, easy walking distance to most of the attractions the city has to offer. It has a nice rooftop pool, great breakfast buffet and a very comfortable hotel. We have stayed several times and enjoyed it.

Greg

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel with pool

Liberty central was a good stay...rooftop bar and pool nice although pool small. New world hotels a rooms not as nice but club benefits AMAZING and really big rooftop pool. Quite nice.

Reply to: hotel with pool
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted