We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Question - Canadian to Ho Chi Minh

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Question - Canadian to Ho Chi Minh

I tried searching this alreayd but am still confused

I was wondering how I would go abouts obtainiing a visa before flying out to Vietnam. As there is no consulate in Vancouver, I am quite confused on this process. How much should it cost? As I have found some companies that help obtain the Visa but will charge $250 and something about 90 days....

I will only be there 5 days then heading to Hong Kong.

Please help.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Question - Canadian to Ho Chi Minh

Thank you in advance!

2. Re: Visa Question - Canadian to Ho Chi Minh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2008, 05:41
Vancouver
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Question - Canadian to Ho Chi Minh

Hi, I am also from Vancouver! I went with the visa pre approval letter from Hotels-In-Vietnam. Sent them our info and in 4 days had our pre approval letter. We travelled Cathay Air, showed them the letter at check in, no problems, they advised that this letter is quite common now.

When you arrive you go to the Visa Desk, hand in your letter and passport photos, fill out some additional forms, you then have to wait about 20 mins while they process the passport and visa. Your name is called, you pay and that is it. I think I paid about $17 to for the letter and then $20 at the airport for the Visa. Much better than the $65 to send away to Toronto plus the fedex charges.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Question - Canadian to Ho Chi Minh

If you go onto the vietnamese embassy website you can print off the application form. Call them to find out what the current fee is (was around $74 when we applied last fall). You fill in the form and include a passport size photo, payment and your passport then FedEx it to the consulate office in Ottawa. Include return FedEx envelope and they will send it back to you within about a week. Very easy, no hassles. Good Luck, Ange.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa Question - Canadian to Ho Chi Minh

Thanks everyone!

6. Re: Visa Question - Canadian to Ho Chi Minh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 07:18