We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reunification Palace or War Museum

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Reunification Palace or War Museum

We are arriving by cruise ship anf the drive is 2 1/2 hours each way from the port.

We are undecided as to which of these places to see. Suggestions please.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
771 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reunification Palace or War Museum

My choice would be the War Museum. The many artefacts on display are very interesting e.g.the aircraft. On display are jars which include human remains and whatever was used to pulverise them (and are absolutely horrifying), but the photographs including those that won Pulitzer prizes bring home some of what this war was all about, and should make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

Bethspoon.

Ulladulla, Australia
Level Contributor
184 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reunification Palace or War Museum

Hi bump,

Could not agree more with beth. We visited both sites last month and came away from the war museum with a totally different view of not only the 60's war but also the french occupation of vietnam.

Well worth the visit. It is only walking distance between the two places so you may be able to do both.

los angeles
Level Contributor
524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reunification Palace or War Museum

As Americans I feel we have a responsibility to see the War Museum. The first exhibit about journalists who lost their lives covering the war is extremely moving and interesting.

I agree that the two places are so close to each other and it is worth going to both. Just check the hours as they close in the middle of the day. I think the war museum stays open until 12 noon and the reunificaiton palace closes at 11:30. they both reopen after lunch -- I think 1 or 1:30. Definitely check on this.

We found the reunification palace eerily fascinating...and it had the nicest public bathrooms in all of Vietnam.

If you want to have lunch, Quan an Ngon (I never get the spelling right) is right by the Reunification palace and would make a really fun lunch. Everyone knows where it is -- it's large and includes "street food" from different parts of Vietnam, in a really nice setting.

4. Re: Reunification Palace or War Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 01:16