We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trivial taxi fare question Ho Chi Minh airport to An An

Bunbury
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trivial taxi fare question Ho Chi Minh airport to An An

Sorry for the trivial question but was wondering what the going taxi fare is from the Airport to An An 2 hotel - The hotel has offered a pick up for $20US and I'm checking if this is reasonable.

thanks

Brian

Perth

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,351 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trivial taxi fare question Ho Chi Minh airport to An An

For a private car pick up it's about the going rate but if you walk over to the domestic terminal (about a 3 minute walk) and get a Mai Linh taxi (which we found were consistently reliable and honest) it should be 100,000VND or less, which works out to about $5.50 US. Depends on if you're arriving alert and energetic- sometimes it's worth pushing the boat out a bit to save the hassle of finding a good taxi and making sure the driver understands where you want to go when you're buggered after a long flight.

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trivial taxi fare question Ho Chi Minh airport to An An

Dear Brian

If you buy airport taxi voucher from the airport to An An 2 hotel. It costs you around 10 USD

Best regards

Jason SSS

Bunbury
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trivial taxi fare question Ho Chi Minh airport to An An

Thanks for the advice.

I think the extra will be worth it.after a long flight.

Cheers

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trivial taxi fare question Ho Chi Minh airport to An An

Make sure you ask whether there will be other people sharing your cab. I paid about $10 from the airport to the Sofitel and thought that i would have the taxi to myself. Not sure how it is suppose to be. I thought if you pay around $10 you will have the cab to yourself. Maybe I am just clueless.

EYP
Singapore
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trivial taxi fare question Ho Chi Minh airport to An An

Hi!

I will be staying at the Sofitel as well, was wondering if it is easy to get around the city on foot. About the taxis from the airport, do you advise getting the taxis voucher or what did you do?

Thanks so much for your time.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trivial taxi fare question Ho Chi Minh airport to An An

The old advice about walking over to the domestic terminal used to hold true but I'd say avoid it now. They seem to have sorted out the taxi situation at the domestic terminal - each taxi firm has a rep with a walkie-talkie posted at the taxi station - just approach one and he will call a taxi over for you. Best to use Mai Linh (guy in a bright green shirt).

On the other hand, the taxi 'queue' at the domestic terminal seems to be a complete free-for-all now, or at least it was when I came in last night!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trivial taxi fare question Ho Chi Minh airport to An An

Reposting this with the correct wording! Sorry, brain still in Halong Bay...

The old advice about walking over to the domestic terminal used to hold true but I'd say avoid it now. They seem to have sorted out the taxi situation at the international terminal - each taxi firm has a rep with a walkie-talkie posted at the taxi station - just approach one and he will call a taxi over for you. Best to use Mai Linh (guy in a bright green shirt).

On the other hand, the taxi 'queue' at the domestic terminal seems to be a complete free-for-all now, or at least it was when I came in last night!

EYP
Singapore
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Trivial taxi fare question Ho Chi Minh airport to An An

Thank you so much of your quick repond. I really appreciates it. It will my first trip to the city. Any other advice wil be greatly appreciated. Sounds silly but, is it quite safe for 2 girls to be running around on our own.?

Thanks

9. Re: Trivial taxi fare question Ho Chi Minh airport to An An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2010, 05:17