We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lac Canh Dai Nam Van Hien Theme Park

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
675 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Lac Canh Dai Nam Van Hien Theme Park

Has anyone been to this theme park that is about 25 miles from Saigon on Highway 13? It opened in 2008 and supposedly cost $219 million and is about 1100 acres. The zoo is described as "first class" with more than 700 animals. Also there is supposed to be a hotel, water park, thrill rides and a golden temple.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lac Canh Dai Nam Van Hien Theme Park

Havenj't been there and until you mentioned it, I didn't even know Lạc Cảnh Đại-Nam Văn Hiến existed.

However, some photos and a long write up on it can be found here

translate.google.co.uk/translate…

Offenburg, Germany
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lac Canh Dai Nam Van Hien Theme Park

Hi,

It's on the way to my hometown. :) It's on Quoc Lo 13 (Highway 13), after Thu Dau Mot, Binh Duong. It takes u around 1hour to get here.Well, it's great to see huge zoos and Vnese culture in the past. It's till not finished all. The water park with artificial waves and sea water that takes from the sea near Vung Tau. thousand of local people visit everyday. especially weekend, public holiday. It's crazy crowded there coz big big park. u could not walk or see all in one day. Well, honestly, i am not fan of that place. Everyone I know and myself came there once and dun wanna back again :).

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lac Canh Dai Nam Van Hien Theme Park

From the photos it reminded me of a mix of Dam Sen Water Park and Suoi Tien Theme Parks.

Not a Disney look alike then.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lac Canh Dai Nam Van Hien Theme Park

A combination of Dam Sen and Suoi Tien? ***shudder****

Australia
Level Contributor
802 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lac Canh Dai Nam Van Hien Theme Park

Was there October 2009 - it is a bizarre (surreal??) complex. On the day we were there we only saw a handful of other visitors - outnumbered by security/employees.

The temple there is huge. IMHO it appears to be a celebration of kitsch and is certainly a mishmash of "attractions" in this huge area. So out of place in Vietnam - not unlike Vin Pearl at Nha Trang I think.

That's my opinion.....

6. Re: Lac Canh Dai Nam Van Hien Theme Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2010, 05:18