We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on Arrival

Brisbane
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Visa on Arrival

Could we have advice on Visa on Arrival

I have read all the advice on forums

1. visa application online

2. Receive pre-approved letter with code

3. On arrival at airport, lodge Passport, pre-approved letter with code and Application for Entry and Exit Vietnam" (for foreigners) with passport size photos

My enquiry is:

Does each person require to fill out one (1) OR two (2) form

" Application for Entry and Exit Vietnam" (for foreigners) with passport size photos

Regards

Bob

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,553 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa on Arrival

One form each with just one photo attached at the top..... but if it isn't attached the people behind the glass will staple it to the form for you.

2. Re: Visa on Arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 08:38
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa on Arrival

activetravelasia is wrong, there is NO separate exit form and only one photo is required, as 69bertie says.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,553 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa on Arrival

activetravelasia

They need one form for Entry and one for Exit Vietnam with Passport photos.

---------------

???? There is only the one form and it is actually called 'APPLICATION FOR ENTRY AND EXIT VISA'. (I'd have thought you would have known that activetravelasia ;-) ) It's the form that you fill in on arrival at the airports.

A copy of which can be downloaded from here www.myvietnamvisa.com/form-on-arrival.pdf .Fill it in before you arrive to save time.

We used to have to fill out a white card (entry and exit) with customs declaration (but never with a photo attached) but that has been done away with for everybody now.

edit....you beat me that time Creaking :-)

Edited: 22 December 2010, 08:21
North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa on Arrival

I will be arriving in HCMC in early Feb. I have printed the Visa application form off as per the attached link above, but am a little confused by the requirement for an official letter of approval.

Do I get this at the airport by handing over my visa application and $25.

My question is do I need to do anything before leaving the UK.

Thanks......

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa on Arrival

There is a sticky and an FAQ on this topic on the forum home page:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293921-c148049/Vie…

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa on Arrival

I've already read that but did not understand :- 'rather you employ an agent in Vietnam to obtain an official letter of approval that you present at the VOA desk when you land'.

Does this happen when I present my VOA form

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,602 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa on Arrival

No, Carol. You contact an approved agent in Viet Nam and send them your details and a payment. They send you a letter of approval. When you arrive in Viet Nam you hand over the letter of approval, a passport photo, an Entry/Exit form (filled in) and $25 IN US CURRENCY ONLY (clean, undamaged bills). Then they let you in.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,553 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa on Arrival

Seems they take Dongs, Euros as well........... They do give change, certainly for $USD as when I arrived back in March I only had a $100 bill and they gave me $50 change (3month visa). I noticed in the cash drawer there were quite a lot of grubby dollar bills so they must have come from somewhere too.

10. Re: Visa on Arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2011, 06:20