We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Buffalo Tours

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
156 posts
293 reviews
Save Topic
Water Buffalo Tours

I just did a private tour "Mekong Local For A Day" with Khoi Nyugen of Water Buffalo Tours. Found him professional and knowledgeable. I'll be returning to Saigon in Dec 2011 for the rest of the job for my dental implant and would be traveling with him to more places. :)

Any travels here traveled with him and happy too?

http://www.waterbuffalotours.com/

Edited: 08 June 2011, 03:28
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Buffalo Tours

He was recommended to me from another traveler.

I chatted with him on yahoo messenger. He said he would give me a quote for a tour from north to south, but I haven't heard back from him.

I have try email a few tour companies asking for a price quote, but so far by far, Ha from Vietland Discovery seems to be the best.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
156 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Buffalo Tours

Well, for 3rd world country, I wouldn't really depend on internet and email. Give him a call. I'm sure he can work something out. He's running his own company plus tour guide himself, so he's busy.

So far he has been responsive to my emails pretty quickly though...

For me, I wouldn't depend on the website and English words as you're looking at the translator's work. Not necessaily a reflection of the tour company.

Khoi does customized private tour, so he's done many off the beaten tracks tours. Not those company that join in the swamp of group tours.

Cheers :)

Ashtonfield...
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Buffalo Tours

What was the cost of a private tour to the Mekong Delta?

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
156 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Buffalo Tours

I paid less than US$100 each for 2 pax.

Pls email Khoi directly for accurate quote.

khoi.n@waterbuffalotours.com

Saigon
Level Contributor
2,521 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Buffalo Tours

If you need private and unique tours. He is the guide you are looking for! I know him so well.

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
156 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Buffalo Tours

Share some pics I took during the 1 day tour to Mekong.

Pics 17 to 84 (I think) are all from the tour.

https:/…2011HoChiMinhVietnam

:)

Canada
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Buffalo Tours

Another endorsement of Khoi as a guide to the Mekong Delta. We spent a wonderful 2 days with him. He is a native of the area, will customize a tour according to your preference, excellent English, a good sense of humor... and he actually cares.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water Buffalo Tours

Well, I tried emailing him and even chatted with him online. He said he'll get back to me on a 9 days tour from the north to the south, but it has been a week now so we have decided to go with Vietland Discovery. Our group is quite large with 9 or 10 adults.

Yakima, Wa.
Level Contributor
128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Water Buffalo Tours

Lorenz. A bit off topic, but do you recall the specific area visited in pictures 72-81 you posted? Looks interesting to me?

Thanks

10. Re: Water Buffalo Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2011, 03:09