We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in ho chi minh

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
hotels in ho chi minh

After spending hours looking for hotels, im still unsure, looking to spend up to $100 a night in district 1 ho chi minh city, room with balcony, any suggestions?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
72 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in ho chi minh

Continental hotel will match your prefer, nice roon with balcony, great view of the heart of the city, the opera house...deluxe room cost 100$ per night

Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in ho chi minh

Thanks ;)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in ho chi minh

We had a room overlooking the Opera but didn't have a balcony in the Continental hotel, so you probably have to request one.

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
692 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in ho chi minh

Wow $100, I am not sure that I would want to pay that much for even a hotel in Australia. There is certainly so much variety in Ho Chi Minh City and it certainly makes it difficult. We stayed at the New Epoch Hotel last time we were there and this time we are staying at the Elegant for out 4 day stay and on the way home a quick stop at the Kim Yen Hotel. We are certainly not paying $100. I could eat myself silly with what I would save staying at the cheaper hotels. Basically we come to Ho Chi Minh City to do a little shopping and eat their great food. I am sure that no matter where you go you will have a fantastic time. I know we will.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,244 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels in ho chi minh

keza_WA I don't know. I think once you paid $100 for a room and compare it with what you usually get in more mundane hotels, I'm sure you'd soon get use to it. However, I've found most people / tours very rarely get to use all the facilities to justify paying $100 or more.

My usual limit is more like $50 with breakfast included. I usually look out for deals that the booking agents come up with around that price but staying in hotels that usually cost three times, maybe even four times, that amount. Well worth grabbing.

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
692 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels in ho chi minh

I agree 69bertie with what you save on your $50 you can have a car come and collect you from the airport and then not worry about all the drama with the taxis. We are seriously thinking along those lines and the more I read here about the taxis the less I am going to use them.

Okotoks, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels in ho chi minh

Room vs. Room (certainly not hotel decor/ammenities) I find a lot of the Hotels in the $40-$50 range are very clean, tidy, new, compared to New World Hotel for instance, where you'll pay 3-4x the amount. Its not like in North America where if you go below a $100, your asking for bullet/knife wounds ;) .

@ Keza, I've never had any issues with Mai Linh or Vina Sun Taxi's. (avoid all the others imo).

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels in ho chi minh

<<Wow $100, I am not sure that I would want to pay that much for even a hotel in Australia>>

Off-topic, but really? Which sites do you use for hotels in Australia? Unless, I'm looking at hostels or if there's a great hotel sale going on, I can hardly ever find a hotel that is under $100, especially, in Sydney, and recently, I was just looking at hotels in Adelaide, and most were a lot more than $100 (and a lot more than I expected, which was a bit annoying!)!

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
692 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels in ho chi minh

random-sunshine,

I go to places in WA that have to have dogs cos I am one of those people that would prefer to take their dog on holiday. So yes the places I go are certainly less than $100. (now this is really off topic!!!!!)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,107 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels in ho chi minh

May Hotel is a good 3 star with a pool and under your budget. located in District 1 and in a central location in the city. But you can certainly spend a lot less and get some good accomodation.

Tommo