We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to siem reap straight from airport

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Pedro...
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
going to siem reap straight from airport

hi!

I am arriving in ho chi minh on 7th of Feb past midnight. I am planning to travel directly to siem reap by bus..I want to know how to get to the nearest bus station going to siem reap? read about mekong express and sinh tourist, i'm still choosing between the two, any recommendations?

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going to siem reap straight from airport

This is a semi-FAQ and a number of existing postings to be found in the forum "Search In" strip directly above your posting.

If you want communication on the bus in english then please use Mekong Express.

But if you can handle Vietnamese then any of the bus companies will do you.

Best regards. Ian

Edited: 02 January 2012, 20:31
Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going to siem reap straight from airport

Sounds like a very hard way of doing things, why not fly into Siem Reap? That way you do not have to worry about VN visa. Why land in one country only to continue to another without having a look around? If you took the bus you would be bypassing the wonderful area of the Mekong delta and I would expect the trip in a bus would take quite a long time.

Greg

San Pedro...
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: going to siem reap straight from airport

Thanks for the reply. I have 5 days to spent and plan to spend the last 2 days in ho chi minh since I will be flying out from the same airport. I was just wondering if the mekong express or sinh tourist bus going to siem reap is avail right outside the airport. I don't need to worry about the visa. I'm free to stay to both countries for 21 days.

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: going to siem reap straight from airport

No. None of the authorised schedule buses for Cambodia/Phnom Penh/Siem Reap originate at the airport.

Nor was this in your original question.

You need to get yourself to 275 F, Pham Ngu Lao in District 1.

Best regards. Ian

Edited: 03 January 2012, 05:33
Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: going to siem reap straight from airport

Having just read the additional information in your posting # 3, if you only have five (5) days then you need to do some time and space calculations. It also presuposes that if you are exiting VN and entering KH only to return to VN that you have a dual-entry/multiple entry VN visa otherwise you will not be able to re-enter VN.

For planning purposes only:

Depart Saigon first services of day circa 07:00/07:30 am - transit to Phnom Penh takes seven (7) hours.

Transit stop and driver and or bus change at Phnom Penh circa 30 minutes.

Phnom Penh to Siem Reap allow five and one half hours to six hours including rest, food and comfort stop.

Land transport is seriously going to chew up you five days.

But then you will know all of this already having looked at previous postings on this topic in the Search in function.

Best regards. Ian

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,207 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: going to siem reap straight from airport

Dearheart, you do need to worry about the visa, if it's only a single entry visa. You may be allowed to stay for 21 days, but you can only arrive ONCE, and not leave and then come back. To leave and come back, even inside the 21 days, you need a multiple entry visa. If you don't, you will be knocked back at the border. And as you are coming back by land you can add another day to your Phnom Penh leg hanging around the VN Embassy getting another visa as land crossings don't accept Visa on Arrival.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
432 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: going to siem reap straight from airport

Only reason I went to Vietnam first is because it's cheaper than going direct to SR.

OP: Angkorlad is correct, it will take you an entire day to get to SR from HCMC. Something to think about when you have so little days. You are looking at 2 days just traveling alone which leaves you only 1 day in SR, if you still plan to stay 2 days in Vietnam. One day in Angkor Wat is doable but not recommended.

San Pedro...
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: going to siem reap straight from airport

Thanks for your suggestions, I am now thinking of extending my trip from 5 days to 8 days and exit in bangkok instead of going back to ho chi minh...

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,418 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: going to siem reap straight from airport

You need minimum 3-4 nts to see Siem Reap, and even that's rushing it.

10. Re: going to siem reap straight from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2013, 10:20