We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location choices on two streets in Q1

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Location choices on two streets in Q1

Hi there,

I will be in Ho Chi Minh only for 3 days, in Feb 9-12. I need to commute to dist Q3, but don’t want to stay in the location.

I have been reading lots and lots of hotel reviews in Ho chi Minh on TA and other forums :-), and am particular keen on the mid range prices establishments are either on Le Thanh Ton street or Mac thi Buoi street as I want to be closer to the mains attractions in Ho Chi Minh or hopefully within walking distance to most shopping/ eating places in the evening.

Could some TA experts in Ho Chi Minh please advise why I should stay on at either street? advantages of staying on Le Thanh Ton street vs Mac thi Boui? or via versa?? Google map does not show the streets view and Mac thi Buoi looks like an alley way? However, I read somewhere that it was listed as a book street? Sounds like a very interesting street or happening street?

I hope to not have to spend lots of time looking for where to go shopping, just hoping to be able to find some light souvenirs, and perhaps couple of summer dresses? Or can someone please suggest on where should I go for dinners for 3 nights in Q1?

Price range from 20-30AUD a meal is within my budget.

I need to book the accommodation pretty soon … fingers crossed that I make a right one 

Thanks heaps

Giang_Perth

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
532 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location choices on two streets in Q1

Personally I like the area around De Tham between Pham Ngu Lao and Bui Vien. There are hotels of all prices, lots and lots of tourist shops, restaurants and bars. That budget will get you very nice meals!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location choices on two streets in Q1

Hi shoppunderwater

Thanks muchly for your reply ... I beleive the locations you have mentioned are kindda backpackers area ... hmm not my scene, don't get me wrong, I wish to stay in more central loation.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,666 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location choices on two streets in Q1

Ly Tu Trong St. near Ben Thanh Market has number of hotels and is very central.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location choices on two streets in Q1

Thanks to all ... Le Thanh Ton is my pick as from Google map is closer to roads that lead out to dist Q3 too and personal safety is very important to me.

Giang

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location choices on two streets in Q1

Check out the Liberty Central or hotels around the Opera and have dinner at the Lemongrass restaurant.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location choices on two streets in Q1

I can recommend the Liberty Central as an excellent place to stay. Good rooms, great breakfasts included in price,, close to the Ben Thanh market - about 1 minute walk. The hotel is also close (walking distance) to most of the regular attractions. Your budget will have you eating very well in the vicinity also.

Greg

7. Re: Location choices on two streets in Q1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 10:19