We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mekong Delta Tour

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
41 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Mekong Delta Tour

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a good Mekong Delta tour? How much money?

Hanoi, Vietnam
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mekong Delta Tour

yes, I was there 3years ago. But I did by myself from Sai Gon, took the bus to Can Tho, and then asked the local people with boat, you will pay direct for the boat. It's very cheap. and more interesting because they know well about local.

another way, you can book tour with the group but don't take it with travel agency. you can ask some people at your hotel you stay if they want to go together. that way you organise yourself group before you ask your hotel/travel agency the tour.

enjoy your time!

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
87 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mekong Delta Tour

Unless you take a private tour with a guide it is VERY boring.....first stop for 30 minutes at small restaurant.....then stopping at coconut candy, local fruit (wow...bananas), touristy ride on a paddle boat......only my opinion. Then you can pay extra for a speedboat ride back...that was ok.

3. Re: Mekong Delta Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 March 2012, 11:07
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
606 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mekong Delta Tour

If you want a great tour 3 days 2 nights use VExplore at about $250.

If you want the standard 2 days one night tour along with all the other tourists use Delta Adventure Tours for about $50

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mekong Delta Tour

A good budget agency is the sinhtourist, we did the tunnels and the Mekong Delta to Phnom Penh with them and were very happy with the service, if you want a higher end tour then the waterbuffalo tours always get good reviews here.

Check out the sinhtourist website it will give you an idea of the prices and what they offer.

www.thesinhtourist.vn

Redcliffe, Australia
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mekong Delta Tour

Travel freek, you have two choices, 1... go with Sinh Tourist the budget ,one in all in agency, they've been around for years and give great value, if you want to be one of the crowd . Failing that then I would seriously recommend Comeandgovietnam, who will tailor a trip for you, I:d suggest an overnight stay and the markets etc, understand that properly done this will be a trip of a lifetime and worth spending extra money on, it;s all up to you. I would recommend you e-mail comeand go and see what they have to offer. I have used them and I recommend them.. Noddy

Belfast
Level Contributor
243 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mekong Delta Tour

I like the sound of come and go, will give them a shout aswell!

california
Level Contributor
790 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mekong Delta Tour

Hello,

We just got back a week ago from 2 weeks trip to Vietnam, and booked a 2D/1N Mekong Delta (private) with Mrs Nhung and was very happy and pleased. We had nice boats, and good itinerary and spent overnight at Kim Pho hotel all included in our paakage. I highly recommend her, she's very responsive and professional. You can contact her at nhung@tonkintravel.com

and ask her for same itinerary as ours if you like...mentioned its Mrs Lena S.

Goodluck

9. Re: Mekong Delta Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2013, 10:19