We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saigon to Phnom Penh via Mekong Delta

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
838 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Saigon to Phnom Penh via Mekong Delta

Hello everyone

Does anybody know of any tour operators in Saigon who may offer one way trips from Saigon to Phnom Penh via a day in the Mekong Delta?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Saigon to Phnom Penh via Mekong Delta

Also are you sure it was the real fake tourist, there's a lot of fakes out there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Saigon to Phnom Penh via Mekong Delta

i know this is an old post, researching this trip, as above poster says, there are many 'fake' ie not the original sinh cafe. They are now trading as thesinhtourist.vn i think. Anyone with recent experience of this trip with sinhtourist or others? There is a huge spread of pricing and unsure whether the cheapest ones are too cheap.

London
Level Contributor
838 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Saigon to Phnom Penh via Mekong Delta

Hi all - I was the original poster and just saw this thread resurrected.

In the end I didn't do this. I did a one day tour of the Mekong Delta from HCMC (ie HCMC - Mekong - HCMC). I used the Sinh Tourist. It was ok for a taster - it was the usual kind of tourist trip (visit to a coconut farm; sweet factory etc.....). I used Sinh tourist for quite a few day trips and I can't really complain because their prices were low.

For the HCMC to PP journey I used Mekong Express who I found to be awful. A hot, cramped uncomfortable bus which broke down!

Vienna, Wien...
Level Contributor
1 post
54 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Saigon to Phnom Penh via Mekong Delta

We would like to take the speedboat from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc and then start a maybe 3 day Mekong Delta Tour (small groups only). Does anbody know a tour operator who organizes this trips?

15. Re: Saigon to Phnom Penh via Mekong Delta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 08:35
Perth, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Saigon to Phnom Penh via Mekong Delta

Hi mate do they do a tour whereby you can continue from Chau Doc onto Phnom Penh and not return to Saigon?

Perth, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Saigon to Phnom Penh via Mekong Delta

Hi mate do they do a tour whereby you can continue from Chau Doc onto Phnom Penh and not return to Saigon?

2 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Saigon to Phnom Penh via Mekong Delta

Hi there, I'm hoping to travel from Phnom Penn to Saigon via the Mekong Delta, I'd like to do the whole journey by boat, is this possible in a couple of days? Does anyone know a good tour, although I'd rather go privately if possible? Thanks

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Saigon to Phnom Penh via Mekong Delta

There is a great 3 day off the beaten track Mekong tour by Sampan from Phnom Penh to Saigon. I would love to link to it but it would get Deleted. Try the search function

Owee58

Perth, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Saigon to Phnom Penh via Mekong Delta

Hi lkelly12, did you find a tour? We are looking to do the same thing in March and just wondering who you went with and what you thought?