We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent walking Tour Guide for Ho Chi Minh

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Excellent walking Tour Guide for Ho Chi Minh

We visited Ho Chi Minh in May this year and organised a private walking tour through our hotel. We were lucky enough to be allocated a tourguide called Nguyen Van Giang - phone: ( +84) 938357898. He was very knowledgeable and excellent company. He is originally from the Mekong Delta and could I'm sure also arrange a trip there. He is currently undertaking his second university degree and funding this by walking tours. We got a real insight into local life with him as he chatted about his own life while taking us to the sights. He is very inspirational and has achieved much. I wondered how much of the fee he received from the hotel and how much they kept, so I was keen to have his details for when we return. He was excellent company and we extended our tour and wished we weren't leaving the next day or we would have booked him again. I highly recommend Giang. His email is:Nguyen Giang : nv_giang@yahoo.com

Saigon Hotpot
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours
Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventures
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Walking Tours, Day Trips
Saigon Street Eats
Other Food & Drink, Private Tours, Food Tours, Other Outdoor Activities, Walking Tours
Saigon Free Walking Tours
City Tours, Bike Tours, Night Tours, Food Tours, Walking Tours
Malaysia
Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellent walking Tour Guide for Ho Chi Minh

Hi there, i am planning a trip there in November. Is a week too long? I have checked online and besides Chu Chi tunnel and museums, what other places will you recommend?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellent walking Tour Guide for Ho Chi Minh

Mekong delta tour for couple of days will be good.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellent walking Tour Guide for Ho Chi Minh

Why don't you contact Giang and see if he can take you for 2 days around Ho Chi Minh and then to the Mekong as suggested. - see his email address above

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellent walking Tour Guide for Ho Chi Minh

Looking for a tour guide in Vietnam, you can visit tourguides.viator.com/Listing.aspx… . You can read reviews of guest who booked the tour as well as know their rate and check availability

5. Re: Excellent walking Tour Guide for Ho Chi Minh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2013, 10:15