We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

glasses

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
19 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
glasses

Looking for good places to get eye glasses made in HCMC. Thanks

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: glasses

Last trip 2011, we had some made on Bui Vien street, cant find the details at the moment but they were very professional and quick, still wearing the glasses and no problems. We are going again next week and will retrurn there for more. made virtually overnight and cheap as chips. The store is just down from the Luan Vuu Hotel about 50 metres on the left side of the street use the Go 2 Bar as a landmark same side of the street and head down and you cant miss it.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,588 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: glasses

On De Tham street going towards Go2Bar on the right hand side there is a small optometrist. My wife had a pair of transitional, multi focus, rimless glasses made overnight for $200. Good work but she lost them.

Ben (Vietnam 720) has accurate details.

If your going up the coast to Phan Thiet there is a very good place in Ham Tien, where she had her replacements made even cheaper.

Cheers Ross

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
438 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: glasses

check 3 following add:

- Cach mang thang 8 str, D.3

-Pham Ngoc Thach str, D.3

-Trang hung dao str, D.5

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,764 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: glasses

<On De Tham street going towards Go2Bar on the right hand side there is a small <optometrist. My wife had a pair of transitional, multi focus, rimless glasses made <overnight for $200. Good work but she lost them.

200$ is really cheap, at home a single trans multifocus lens costs 250E...how they get prescription lenses overnight? VN miracles? :-)

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
19 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: glasses

thanks so much

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,588 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: glasses

Must be a VN miracle Maurizio as my wife's second pair from Ham Tien was overnight as well, and it was on a Sunday.Of course the lenses are made off the premises.

Cheers Ross

7. Re: glasses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 September 2013, 11:21
Banbury
Level Contributor
12 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: glasses

We had an amazing experience in a family owned and run opticians Phong Phu Optical, 124

Le thanh ton, district 1 behind the benh thanh market. The dad is the optician and the mum and daughter serve in the shop. Lovely lovely people which made for an excellent service. One tests and measures whilst the others show you frame after frame ( their patience is endless)

1 pair of Tom Ford frames with progressive lenses, 1 pair of Rayban prescription sunglasses and 1 pair of Gucci reading glasses 4.3 million dong - approx 135£ 158€, we collect on Wednesday so I'll post then

Banbury
Level Contributor
12 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: glasses

Our new glasses are wonderful. Even better than the ones we already have from the UK. They came in hard cases to keep them protected and were presented to us with a proud smile! Can definitely recommend this business to everyone

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: glasses

We also had some transitional lens made at the Phong Phu Optical on Le Than Ton and are very pleased with the results. We had the lens made for my wife and I got a pair of sunglasses as well and this was AU$200. Great friendly service and were made within 24 hours.