We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden train HCMC to Phan Tiet

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Golden train HCMC to Phan Tiet

Hi, we will be taking the Golden train from HCMC to Phan Tiet in April. I have been told that it leaves at 6.30am - we are staying at the Liberty Central in District 1. We will have our tickets prebooked and delivered. Can anyone tell me how long before departure we will have to be at the station and also how far is the station from the Liberty Central - taxi the best option? Thanks in advance

Greg

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden train HCMC to Phan Tiet

Hey Greg,

Did the same thing in August. I think the train leaves at 6.50am but double check on the website. I got a cab from my hotel in Dist 1 to Dist 3 and it was about $7 (20 minutes)

I got there early and sat on the platform but you really dont need to get there any earlier than half an hour before it departs.

I also had my ticket pre-booked and waiting at the hotel. Bloody lucky as the Saturday morning train was chockers and I was the only westerner in sight. It was a great trip though. Met some really interesting locals :-)

Mark

Banbury
Level Contributor
12 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden train HCMC to Phan Tiet

Please could you tell me where/what the train station is called in hcmc? Thanks di

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden train HCMC to Phan Tiet

It's called Saigon train station...

And to go to Mui Ne a bus from outside your hotel in D1 is a faster and cheaper way.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293925-c187685/Ho-Ch…

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden train HCMC to Phan Tiet

Banbury, it is also known as Ga Saigon,

It is in district 3 and the info is in my above post.

Maurizio, the train is another option to try something different. Even though it costs a bit more with cab rides at either end it is still a fun experience.

The bus is the cheapest option, I agree, but some like to try other modes of transport. I really enjoyed it.

Mark

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden train HCMC to Phan Tiet

Thanks Mark

Greg

6. Re: Golden train HCMC to Phan Tiet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 05:17